Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242825 times)

medeski7

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7185 on: July 30, 2016, 08:44:26 am »
Tried DuClaw's Sour Me This yesterday.  It scratched the sour itch and the price is right.  Overall it was just okay though.

hutch

« Reply #7186 on: July 30, 2016, 09:00:00 am »
I tried a Starr Hill IPA at jammin java last night

WTF with all these IPAs that taste like a frickin' grapefruit??? I do not like it.

If I want to eat a grapefruit or drink a grapefruit I will get a grapefruit thank you very much....

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7187 on: July 30, 2016, 09:39:13 am »
Tried Spencer Trappist Ale last night.  Good enough to have another.

« Reply #7188 on: July 30, 2016, 09:52:04 am »
WTF with all these IPAs that taste like a frickin' grapefruit??? I do not like it.
yeah, I'm of the same opinion
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #7189 on: July 30, 2016, 03:03:55 pm »
try the habanero sculpin.  very, interesting.

medeski7

« Reply #7190 on: July 30, 2016, 03:45:22 pm »
Currently enjoying a Manor Hill hop yard series.  The new one just released.  It's a really nice ipa.

shemptiness

« Reply #7191 on: July 30, 2016, 04:10:20 pm »
Anxious to try one of these:

« Reply #7192 on: July 31, 2016, 09:32:37 am »
Made it out to Aslin on Saturday, sadly only 2 beers were on tap at 3pm
but The Gose w/ lime and raspberries was REALLY good
Party of one: Mike was also a delicious IPA

Also Made it to New District for the the debut of It's Never Too Late the Honey Suckel Hefeweizen (8.5%!)  w/ honey suckel's picked in Arlington!

it was interesting, but not something I would say is worth the trip
They also had a "Sour test batch" which I thought was decent and has potential.  More tart than sour with a apple flavor
But unfortunately they still haven't really knocked one out of the park (The First Time: (imperial stout) and 1821 ( Saison / Farmhouse Ale ) are the two I think are worth going for)

Also Hit Mad Fox, wasn't really impressed with what I had there

besides the Gose, best beer of the weekend

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:00:39 am by Sidehatch 🐶 |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| 🍺 👻 »
slack

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #7193 on: August 01, 2016, 10:02:58 am »
Currently enjoying a Manor Hill hop yard series.  The new one just released.  It's a really nice ipa.

I've really been enjoying their stuff lately. Had their Grisette at Convivial and thought it was great, and I just recently had their Coffee Brown IPA at Urban Winery in DTSS (highly recommended, btw) which was also excellent.

Yada

« Reply #7194 on: August 01, 2016, 11:50:35 am »
this #porchbomb definitely blew my $100 a week beer budget.  Uhaul had to drop this one off.

walk,on,by

« Reply #7195 on: August 01, 2016, 11:59:25 am »
tried ballast point barmy, and it was pretty good.  nice taste character to it and not too overpowering with it.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7196 on: August 01, 2016, 01:52:35 pm »
this #porchbomb definitely blew my $100 a week beer budget.  Uhaul had to drop this one off.

effing fucking hell.  tell me that this is being split with 5 other people... where the hell did you find someone who can score that much HF?
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7197 on: August 01, 2016, 01:56:34 pm »
speaking of VT: i'll be there next week.  i'll have a case of Heady and "some" (a case?) of Sip of Sunshine waiting for me there.  in addition i might hit up the Alchemist and Lost Nation on my own, TBD.

in preparation/as penance i'll be going beer-free this week.  wish me luck.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #7198 on: August 01, 2016, 02:11:55 pm »
Midwest beer tour day #3 today.

Saturday, we stopped at Seventh Son and Hoof Hearted in Columbus. Both had very good beer. The latter had a Hill Farmstead saison on guest tap.

Sunday, we went to the new-ish Lagunitas Brewery in Chicago. Only one word to describe it: massive. Impressive would be another good word. Nothing rare on tap, had a pint of Born Yesterday before the (excellent, funny) tour, and a pint of Sucks with my (very good) grilled veggie sandwich. My daughter proclaimed it tied with Ocelot as her favorite brewery. I'm guessing the long Willie Wonka hallway and gift shop that where she wanted everything influencrd her judgement.

Tonight, I might stop by Whole Foods and have a pint or two of Zombie Dust before heading to the Robbie Fulks' Cheap Trick tribute show.

Yada

« Reply #7199 on: August 01, 2016, 02:24:15 pm »

effing fucking hell.  tell me that this is being split with 5 other people... where the hell did you find someone who can score that much HF?

heh... i was just riling up the boardies. This isn't my haul... a pic from another beer forum, however, this is multiple dudes who went on a beer trip together.

Additionally, if you haven't been to HF ever or in recent years, you can basically buy as much as you'd like.