Author Topic: any problems with Tickets.Com?  (Read 104582 times)

Tixx

• http://www.tickets.com
Re: any problems with Tickets.Com?
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2002, 08:06:00 pm »
For those of you who have had problems online with Tickets.com, we are in the process of migrating the 9:30 Club sales page to a more powerful server sometime within the next week.  Once the migration is complete, you should see faster service and fewer error messages.  This server was used this past Saturday and successfully handled simultaneous sales of two Dave Mattews concerts, two Creed concerts (both out of state), and the entire Wolf Trap season with no problem.  I promise you will see substantially better service once this transition is complete.  <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by srhnelson:<BR><B>Well I, too, had a problem with Tickets.com, and it also involved the site not working properly.  I placed an order for the White Stripes show and got an error message before confirmation that the tickets had been purchased.  Sound familiar?!?!?!  I sent in an email using their Contact Us Customer Service page and definitely did not hear back in the stated 48 hours...actually I still haven't heard back from my original email.  I called their number next and got to speak to an extremely rude Customer Service agent who said she could not help me at all and refused to believe that there was anything wrong with their web site (where do they get these people?!?!?).  I went as far as to ask to speak with a supervisor and she said that she did not have one....apparently I got to speak with the President and CEO of Tickets.com because this woman had no boss!  Needless to say, I went to a ticket outlet and got my tickets there and will do so in the future because the Tickets.com site is not maintained very well and the people who work there are rude.  As compared to Ticketmaster...at least I got a response from their automated Customer Service agent.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

srhnelson

« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2002, 08:41:00 am »
Tixx...You quote me in your reply but mention nothing about the extrememly rude customer service agent and lack of reply from emailed questions/concerns (which a few people have complained about).  I think everyone can agree that computers sometimes crap out for no reason whatsoever, but Customer Service is the way to make up for that and Tickets.com hasn't shown me anything in regards to that.  I'm glad that your server can handle lots of activity for different events...buy why should you be proud of it...that's what the site is SUPPOSED to do, right?!?!?

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2002, 09:30:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by malimal:<BR><B>What can be done about this Seth?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ya see, ya see???!!!??? get a load of the elaborate schemes these people come up with!<P>alright, maybe this one's legit. even I couldn't have come up with that story.<P>put up your e-mail address so we can figure out how to resolve this.<P>but to the rest of you con artists: DON'T GET ANY FUNNY IDEAS ABOUT TURNING THIS INTO THE PEOPLE'S COURT WITH JUDGE HURWITZ AWARDING TICKETS.<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Seth Hurwitz (edited 04-11-2002).]

chills

« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2002, 09:37:00 am »
i've always been kinda bummed about a yo la tengo show i missed in '97.  maybe tickets.com is onto something, selling tickets to shows in time past.<P>as long as michael j. fox isn't there, of course...

malimal

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2002, 09:47:00 am »

stpmattb

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2002, 11:54:00 am »
I just purchased tickets for Jimmy Eat World.  For about 5 minutes now, the screen has said:<P>Please be patient, your transaction is being processed.<P>Once your order has been completed, we will email a confirmation to the email address you specified in the previous step. <P>So yeah, is this an early sign that something isn't going to work?

stpmattb

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2002, 12:17:00 pm »
Alright so 20 minutes after my first order failed to go through, I try my order again, and I find myself sitting here looking at a screen telling me to be patient, my order is being processed.  This is beyond ridiculous.<P>Looks like I won't be going to this show.  <p>[This message has been edited by stpmattb (edited 04-11-2002).]

scumpond

« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2002, 12:26:00 pm »
According to the JEW site, those tickets are internet presale starting at 1:00 est.  through Ticketmaster.  So what are you talking about?

stpmattb

« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2002, 12:30:00 pm »
930 Club uses tickets.com NOT ticketmaster.  Check whfs.com for the presale information that gets you nowhere.

scumpond

« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2002, 12:37:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stpmattb:<BR><B>930 Club uses tickets.com NOT ticketmaster.  Check whfs.com for the presale information that gets you nowhere.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Cool, worked fine for me.  Thanks.  <P>

malimal

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2002, 12:41:00 pm »
Be careful stpmattb, that's exactly what happened to moi.<p>[This message has been edited by malimal (edited 04-11-2002).]

stpmattb

« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2002, 12:48:00 pm »
Gotten this error after trying once again on a different computer:<P>We're sorry - It seems that we are having some technical difficulty.<P>Please try back in a few minutes.<P>If you continue to experience difficulties, you may wish to send e-mail to webfeedback@tickets.com and include the name and date of this performance and the time(s) you received this message. <BR>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2002, 12:58:00 pm »
buying tickets through tickets.com is kinda like buying a scratch off ticket... sometimes you get lucky.  i got the same technical error and decided it was best to register before trying to order again.  which worked confirmation and all.  <P>thanks stpmatt for the heads up on the tickets, should be an awesome show.<p>[This message has been edited by kosmo (edited 04-11-2002).]
T.Rex

stpmattb

« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2002, 01:06:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kosmo:<BR><B>i got the same technical error and decided it was best to register before trying to order again.  which worked confirmation and all.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Been there, done that, no Jimmy Eat World tickets still.

Stony

« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2002, 01:10:00 pm »
Tkx for the suggestion. I registered and got my tix in a minute!