Author Topic: any problems with Tickets.Com?  (Read 104461 times)

chills

Re: any problems with Tickets.Com?
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2002, 03:52:00 pm »
blow jobs to the back stage security = free tickets every show.<P>only suckers pay ticket outlet surcharges.<P>i mean, swallowers, not suckers...

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2002, 03:53:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fairfaxfinn:<BR><B>I would like someone to explain why it is more expensive to process a ticket through an automated system</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>well, somebody invests and then maintains that automated system. and that costs money.<P>plus, I would think they still need to process some part of the order with a human.and those darn humans just INSIST on being paid for their work.<P>I mean, you don't get any break on buying an Amtrak ticket from one of those machines. and don't ATM's actually charge more than a teller?

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2002, 03:56:00 pm »
and, may I make an observation?<P>how is it that nearly all of the stories about botched sales involve sold out shows?<P>as in, hey it's not my fault and now I can't get in to the sold out show could you please help me<P>not accusing anyone here, but you have to admit it's a pretty obvious coincidence with some definitive motivation

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2002, 04:23:00 pm »
Yes, if everyone swallowed, the world would be a better place.<P>Maybe those who have problems with a non-sellout show are able to go back and resolve the problem and thus have nothing to complain about. Or maybe the world is full of conniving people and I'm just naiive.<P>My ATM charges me no fees for getting my money, neither does my teller. If I go to another banks ATM, I get charged. If I go to another banks teller, I probably get sent away with no help.<P>My mom has never used an ATM machine in her life.<P>I like it when they drop shit off of buildings on Letterman.

fairfaxfinn

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2002, 12:37:00 am »
While it is true that even the automated system costs money (hardware + folks to maintain it + someone to actually deliver/mail the tickets), I assumed that this system was already in place, whether customers could buy on-line or not.  The on-line storefront simply looks like a fancier version of the text-based terminal that Ticketmaster outlets have.  So, why does it cost more for me to type in my ticket order instead of the clerk at the outlet, if we are basically using the same system?  

soccer36

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2002, 12:50:00 am »
even when you buy ur ticket online, they still charge u two service charges, they are shipping and handling fees. and are expensive

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2002, 07:36:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fairfaxfinn:<BR><B>So, why does it cost more for me to type in my ticket order instead of the clerk at the outlet, if we are basically using the same system?   </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>the clerk is paid by the store in which they work, so it does in fact cost less for Tix.Com to sell that ticket.<P>someone has to pack up those tickets and send them once you've ordered them online. that person needs to be paid. and you know the person that checks this board and answers some of these questions? he gets paid, as do the people that deal with the issues raised.<P>after all that, there's a little thing we in America here like to call PROFIT. now, it's bad enough they hate us in other parts of the world for this, let's not start any self-loathing movement here.

srhnelson

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2002, 08:52:00 am »
Well I, too, had a problem with Tickets.com, and it also involved the site not working properly.  I placed an order for the White Stripes show and got an error message before confirmation that the tickets had been purchased.  Sound familiar?!?!?!  I sent in an email using their Contact Us Customer Service page and definitely did not hear back in the stated 48 hours...actually I still haven't heard back from my original email.  I called their number next and got to speak to an extremely rude Customer Service agent who said she could not help me at all and refused to believe that there was anything wrong with their web site (where do they get these people?!?!?).  I went as far as to ask to speak with a supervisor and she said that she did not have one....apparently I got to speak with the President and CEO of Tickets.com because this woman had no boss!  Needless to say, I went to a ticket outlet and got my tickets there and will do so in the future because the Tickets.com site is not maintained very well and the people who work there are rude.  As compared to Ticketmaster...at least I got a response from their automated Customer Service agent.

scumpond

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2002, 09:18:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:<BR><B>and, may I make an observation?<P>how is it that nearly all of the stories about botched sales involve sold out shows?<P>as in, hey it's not my fault and now I can't get in to the sold out show could you please help me<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Probably because there is less reason to be upset if you actually end up getting tickets.  If it sells out you are unhappy enough to really bitch about it.  If you have a problem but end up with tickets after some additional hassle, you grin and bear it.  It makes sense.<P>Instead of being flippant, Seth, why not put the tickets.com guy in touch with these guys and find out why they do not respond to the customer service emails.  Surely, their staph can track incoming and outgoing emails.  Both of the recently screwed posters to the board reported that they received no response to their emails.  <P>See you at the Mould show.

poorlulu

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2002, 09:27:00 am »
i guess the reality is be careful what you wish for.......you just might get it<P>ratbastard although being expensive are pretty reliable.  tickets.com are expensive too (don't get me wrong here) but are they reliable?  hmmm not really.<P>does anyone know about missiontix that the ottobar have?

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2002, 10:45:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scumpond:<BR><B><P>Instead of being flippant, Seth, why not put the tickets.com guy in touch with these guys and find out why they do not respond to the customer service emails..</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>the reason for the attitude is that for every legitimate complaint we get there's probably 50 that are trying to scam their way into a sold-out show. <P>as I hope you have seen below, I do have them checking this board. they may not respond publicly, but they have investigated every single problem posted. and when I don't see that they've been checking them, I call them. <P>we take every comment & complaint seriously, regardless of my behavior on the boards. or we wouldn't have these boards. the boards were our idea, remember?<P>I've been hearing about my attitude since Kindergarten, and I'll say the same thing to you that I said to them. see if you can guess what that is.

thirsty moore

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2002, 10:56:00 am »
Gimme the blocks dammit?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:<BR><B> I've been hearing about my attitude since Kindergarten, and I'll say the same thing to you that I said to them. see if you can guess what that is.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

scumpond

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2002, 11:52:00 am »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:<BR> the reason for the attitude is that for every legitimate complaint we get there's probably 50 that are trying to scam their way into a sold-out show. <P>Okay.  Since Kindergarten?  You mean preschool, right.  Me too, by the way, hence the user name.<P>Anyway, maybe the two recent complaints are legitimate.  Why have we not heard from the Tixx guy?  If these folks say they sent emails that received no response, that should be easy to confirm.  If they can confirm that what these guys are saying is correct, you hook em up with those cool "comp" tickets I used to get.<P>Ticketron was so much easier.  I remember working at the 17th street (i think) store and having people waiting in lines around the block for their merriweather/jimmy buffet tix.  When they bought a ticket...they got a ticket.  No surprises.  <P>I also like the ticketmaster print your own ticket deal.  That worked great for a Wizards game.  You pay, you print, your done.<P>

malimal

« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2002, 04:44:00 pm »
The saga continues.  I finally got a response last night from Tickets.com to my original email questioning whether or not the order went through saying that the order did not go through (thanks, no kidding).  Not an hour later did I get an email response to my second email expressing my unhappiness with what happenned saying that my order did go through and gave me a confirmation number.  These emails were from the SAME person at customer service.  When I called to find out what in the world was going on, I found out that the confirmation number was from the APRIL 1997 Big Head Todd show at the 9:30 Club that I purchased tickets for.  Nice work they're doing over there.  So, in my hands, I have an email message that states that my order for this Friday's show went through - frankly, Tickets.com is now responsible for coming up with those tickets.  They sent the message saying I had them and I am entitled to rely on that.  What can be done about this Seth?

scumpond

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2002, 06:37:00 pm »
You see, not everyone is trying to scam you Seth.