Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2124766 times)

James Ford

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #2055 on: June 30, 2010, 02:09:17 pm »
For what it's worth, Riding in My Car is an NRBQ cover, whereas the two you like are two that she wrote.

Yeah, I'm basically saying that.

I mean don't get me wrong, the album isn't terrible. I would give it 3/5 or 3.5/5 stars but I just don't enjoy it as much as others. I can't comment on Juliette Lewis, I've never listened to her stuff.

I think songs like Thieves and In the Sun are strong. But for each one of those there is a song like riding in my car that I just don't enjoy.

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #2056 on: June 30, 2010, 02:18:45 pm »
Did not know that. I have to mention that although it's on Volume 1,  i do think "Change is hard" is a really fantastic song.

I just listened to a cover they did of Richard and Linda Thompson's "When I get to the border". The original is way better. Maybe they just shouldn't cover songs.

ggw

« Reply #2057 on: June 30, 2010, 02:34:21 pm »
God, I hate agreeing with Rhett twice, but there's nothing wrong with 70's pop/rock, and especially not Loggins and Messina.

Loggins and Messina probably goes great with Miller Chill.

vansmack

« Reply #2058 on: June 30, 2010, 02:38:24 pm »
Loggins and Messina probably goes great with Miller Chill.

I appreciate someone who can see the full picture I'm trying to paint here on the board.  It isn't easy spoon feeding this lot some times.
27>34

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2059 on: June 30, 2010, 05:27:21 pm »
Yeah, I don't know why Loggins and Messina popped into my head, especially since they were a staple
at my jr. high and high school parties.  Maybe I should have just said Kenny Loggins.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2060 on: July 01, 2010, 08:13:06 am »
I'm not going to be tired of these anytime soon....

T.Rex

nkotb

« Reply #2061 on: July 01, 2010, 09:00:31 am »
So I'm trying to listen to everything in iTunes (in psuedo-reverse alphabetical order cuz why not?), and I'm to the Silversun Pickups.  I couldn't help think of this:

I agree with Joe. Something about SSPU just kinda pisses me off, including the fact that they're playing DAR. But I like Against Me and would enjoy a set of their tunes.

And I think I know what it is.  In theory, I should love this, but it just seems so sterile.  It's like a rocking version of Sufjan Stevens...it's like robots perform the songs on the album.  Makes me think I should give them a chance live...but I'm not going to.

James Ford

« Reply #2062 on: July 01, 2010, 09:41:48 am »
So you're saying they's go well with a Miller Chill?

So I'm trying to listen to everything in iTunes (in psuedo-reverse alphabetical order cuz why not?), and I'm to the Silversun Pickups.  I couldn't help think of this:

I agree with Joe. Something about SSPU just kinda pisses me off, including the fact that they're playing DAR. But I like Against Me and would enjoy a set of their tunes.

And I think I know what it is.  In theory, I should love this, but it just seems so sterile.  It's like a rocking version of Sufjan Stevens...it's like robots perform the songs on the album.  Makes me think I should give them a chance live...but I'm not going to.

nkotb

« Reply #2063 on: July 01, 2010, 09:55:23 am »
Exactly...meaning I want no part of either.

So you're saying they's go well with a Miller Chill?

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #2064 on: July 02, 2010, 12:35:16 pm »
Spiritualized (Acoustic Mainlines) live in Iceland from last night http://vimeo.com/13023621

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2065 on: July 04, 2010, 08:04:42 pm »
The Arcade Fire's new one......The Suburbs
(_|_)

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #2066 on: July 06, 2010, 08:46:46 pm »
so i won't risk the chance of getting cursed out for making new thread that maybe shameless.....here's an mixtape entitled The Coming "TruSkool Style" Vol. 1

http://enoch7thprophet.bandcamp.com/album/the-coming-truskool-style-vol-1

I would post the cover but I'm not happy with it. Here's a write-up on the 6-track project.

This Album was created in early part of the year 2008 (unrelease music til NOW 2010). It features a few artist from the DC area. Adon Entertainment wanted a dope mixtape. Enoch 7th Prophet selected the artist,producers and DJ to make this a AWESOME project. This 6 track mixtape was recording in 1 day at a studio in Takoma Park, MD.
credits released 07 January 2008
X.O.| DJ RBI | Ardamus (producer) | Theory (producer) | YU (producer) | Shea ButterFly | Keyote | Mental Stamina | & Enoch 7th Prophet(ASCAP)
license All rights reserved
feed  Feeds for this album, this artist  View: Cover Art
tags:   rap higher chakra music hiphop Washington discography

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #2067 on: July 09, 2010, 05:15:00 pm »
Fenech-Soler - totally addicted to them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0takBpMWtM&feature=related
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2068 on: July 09, 2010, 06:22:09 pm »
Fenech-Soler - totally addicted to them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0takBpMWtM&feature=related

great suggestion, listened to 3 tracks so far and i can see their addictive qualities.  a tad cheesy at times, but hey, i'm a cheesy person.  RIYL cut copy, friendly fires, klaxons, etc.
<sig>

brennser

« Reply #2069 on: July 13, 2010, 09:43:00 am »
Staggeringly, awesomely brilliant. RIYL Future of the Left, Jay Reatard, Pixies etc etc