Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2698052 times)

azaghal1981

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #7095 on: November 28, 2014, 08:21:55 am »
I didn't know what they were at the time but a few songs stuck in my subconscious until I heard them and immediately recognized them again by chance much later on. This one immediately comes to mind.

احمد

Unsanity

« Reply #7096 on: November 30, 2014, 04:18:15 am »
Yeah its ridiculous how much good music was on that show. Polaris was pretty fun in Baltimore last night.

I will be seeing Death From Above 1979 on Monday but not at the 9:30 Club (unfortunately I work weeknights). I won some promotion on DC101 to have lunch at the studio and witness an in-studio performance in the afternoon. I'll take it as consolation for missing the real thing at the club!

I'm considering attending the free U Hall MSTRKRFT dj gig. That might be fun.

azaghal1981

« Reply #7097 on: November 30, 2014, 07:11:28 pm »
Anyone who missed Mitski and Johanna Warren last night should go see them tonight.

Mean Jeans tomorrow
Select DC thing Tuesday
Priests and maybe Marian McLaughlin/Arborea Thursday
YLT/Lambchop Friday
Comet show Saturday
Two Inch Astronaut/Big Ups/Mannequin Pussy/Washer/Jail Solidarity Sunday.
احمد

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #7098 on: November 30, 2014, 07:20:30 pm »
Two Inch Astronaut/Big Ups/Mannequin Pussy/Washer/Jail Solidarity Sunday.
I thought about going to that one... or the show the day before with Big Ups/Multicult/Hive Bent/Washer at The Crown.  I am not sure at the moment what this week holds for me. 

My only definite is the Lagwagon/Swingin' Utters show at Black Cat on Sunday.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 08:07:45 pm by Rogue Riderhood »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #7099 on: December 01, 2014, 12:38:22 pm »
I'm alive after opening for MSTRKRFT. Got to party with them. Excited for Death From Above 1979 tonight! It finally sold out!

I'd like to apologize to Julian because I know he wants photographic evidence of me pulling my pud to MSTRKRFT, unfortunately all the pictures I had came out blurry from how vigorously I was tugging myself. So, as usual, you'll just have to imagine me pulling my pud. Hard.

‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7100 on: December 01, 2014, 12:47:27 pm »
I'd like to apologize to Julian because I know he wants photographic evidence of me pulling my pud to MSTRKRFT, unfortunately all the pictures I had came out blurry from how vigorously I was tugging myself. So, as usual, you'll just have to imagine me pulling my pud. Hard.
A fair explanation.

Well, I'll talk to you later because I'm sure we both have something latently homoerotic to get back to.
LVMH

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #7101 on: December 05, 2014, 11:55:38 am »
I am very excited about the Yo La Tengo show tonight, even more so given the setlists the last two nights in NYC.

Hi everyone!
(o|o)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #7102 on: December 05, 2014, 01:20:05 pm »
yep, those two nights at Town Hall = killer setlists
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #7103 on: December 05, 2014, 01:23:44 pm »
remember DC never gets good set lists or guests...ever.

bands don't much enjoy playing here.. people are too uptight...they don't get into it and the band feels it and returns the "favor"

they always save their best shit for NYC partly because that is where the reviews that matter come from...

unless you're GBV doing a Yahoo webcast in which case Pollard gets embarrassingly drunk and the band breaks up a few shows later in shame.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #7104 on: December 08, 2014, 09:39:45 am »
ugh, Philly got the better setlist. Drug Test?  are ya kidding me?!?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/yo-la-tengo/2014/trocadero-theatre-philadelphia-pa-43cdcbcf.html
(_|_)

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #7105 on: December 08, 2014, 09:54:55 am »
would you move . . . to get better set lists?

K8teebug

« Reply #7106 on: December 08, 2014, 10:36:07 am »
Natalie Merchant Wednesday.

I'm going to a show!

bearman🐻

« Reply #7107 on: December 08, 2014, 11:40:36 am »
ugh, Philly got the better setlist. Drug Test?  are ya kidding me?!?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/yo-la-tengo/2014/trocadero-theatre-philadelphia-pa-43cdcbcf.html

So happy I skipped this one...not sure what's up with YLT when they play DC. I'm sorry that I missed Stan Demeski doing "Sudden Organ" in NYC. And Philly looked great. But the past couple tours have been very lackluster in DC. And I agree, someone said that they're over that "Pass the Hatchet" song and I am too. They've got plenty of long jammy songs that are superior. "Blue Line Swinger" is far better, so is "I Heard You Looking".

bearman🐻

« Reply #7108 on: December 08, 2014, 11:41:40 am »
would you move . . . to get better set lists?

Traveling 2 hours to catch a diverse setlist is totally worth it IMO. If I have friends in another city, sometimes I'll turn it into a weekend away if I can catch multiple shows on a tour. Depending on the band, it's usually worth it.

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #7109 on: December 10, 2014, 01:35:21 pm »
I have not been to a show in 15 days, since I decided to skip Lagwagon.  Tomorrow that changes when I go catch Vadya at Mobtown Studios for a Microshow.

http://lizvayda.bandcamp.com/

http://www.mobtownstudios.com/