Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3243948 times)

stevewizzle

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #3660 on: October 16, 2013, 04:44:20 pm »
I've got a Hair of the Dog Adam that I've been sitting on for two years.
picked up two hair of the dog matt's last night.

i probably wont drink them for another 3 years, but damn do i look forward to cracking one of those open.

Do you plan on being pregnant for the next 3 years?

adam is real good. i was an even bigger fred fan.  on draft, that is. i haven't had either from the bottle.

James Ford

« Reply #3661 on: October 16, 2013, 04:55:05 pm »
Pretty sure brennser brought an Adam to a bottle share. Though we've had so many good beers at those, it's hard to keep track. Their Doggie Claws barleywine is also pretty awesome.

I've got a Hair of the Dog Adam that I've been sitting on for two years.
picked up two hair of the dog matt's last night.

i probably wont drink them for another 3 years, but damn do i look forward to cracking one of those open.

Do you plan on being pregnant for the next 3 years?

adam is real good. i was an even bigger fred fan.  on draft, that is. i haven't had either from the bottle.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 04:58:26 pm by James Ford »

atomic

« Reply #3662 on: October 18, 2013, 03:19:40 pm »
I just had some Goose Island Sophie.  Quite tasty and since I am part owner of the company it makes me mighty proud.

James Ford

« Reply #3663 on: October 18, 2013, 07:23:07 pm »
This afternoon (Friday), I was sitting atop Old Rag drinking a Heady Topper. Life doesn't get any better than that.

James Ford

« Reply #3664 on: October 18, 2013, 08:26:24 pm »
Bought a four pack of Victory DirtWolf today. Havne't tried it but have high hopes. Anybody tried it?

Shard four beers at Smoke and Barrel last night.

Ballast Point Victory at Sea...one of my very favorite porter/stouts

Triple Digit Chickow...never heard of these guys before, but i was quite impressed. An imperial brown ale that tasted like liquid nutella (had hazlenut in it)

Heavy Seas Cabernet Aged Barleywine (the name is too long for me to remember)...interesting and different, glad i tried it probably won't driink it again

New Belgium Le Teroir...hybrid of an IPA and a sour....very highly rated, I'd rate it good but not great. Another interesting one.

atomic

« Reply #3665 on: October 18, 2013, 11:29:35 pm »
This afternoon (Friday), I was sitting atop Old Rag drinking a Heady Topper. Life doesn't get any better than that.

Old Rag is a cool hike.  But the furlough is over...why aren't you back at work.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3666 on: October 23, 2013, 04:45:29 pm »
Bluejacket to open on Tuesday 10/29

"What beers will Bluejacket debut with? Among them: Forbidden Planet, a dry-hopped kolsch made with Galaxy hops; the Scarecrow, a hoppy saison; the Imposter, a session rye IPA; Tooth & Nail, an imperial IPA; Figure 8, a wee heavy made with local figs and modeled after pastry chef Tiffany MacIsaac's figgy toffee pudding; and James & the Giant, a Belgian strong blonde ale with local peaches."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/going-out-guide/wp/2013/10/23/beer-drinkers-prepare-your-arms-bluejacket-to-open-on-tuesday/
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #3667 on: October 24, 2013, 02:45:19 pm »
Tell me he doesn't look like he should be fronting one of atomic's favorite bands.

Yada

« Reply #3668 on: October 24, 2013, 03:35:20 pm »
Tell me he doesn't look like he should be fronting one of atomic's favorite bands.

One word: Nozzle.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3669 on: October 24, 2013, 03:56:52 pm »
you can judge by just one photo?  you can judge by just one outfit?  you can judge by just one james ford post?  you can judge by just one beer thread?

Yada

« Reply #3670 on: October 24, 2013, 04:01:41 pm »
you can judge by just one photo?  you can judge by just one outfit?  you can judge by just one james ford post?  you can judge by just one beer thread?

I can judge from meeting the guy multiple times.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3671 on: October 24, 2013, 04:05:47 pm »
oh, well, then, well, like, nevermind.

i do admit . . . i was judging him, by that hair.  good lard.  yes, i said lard.

Yada

James Ford

« Reply #3673 on: October 25, 2013, 09:18:26 am »
Shared a 4+ month old bottle of Founders Devil Dancer last night. Tasted like a nice barleywine, a lot different than the fest version. Paired it with my veggie chili and a Lagunitas Daytime IPA. Quite a contrast those two IPA's were.

atomic

« Reply #3674 on: October 25, 2013, 10:17:52 am »
http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/business_insider/2013/10/16/131016_bi_beermap.jpg

atomic approved.

Thank you Texas.  My BUD stock is up 7 percent so far since I bought it earlier this month.  Keep drinking it up people.  Water is good for you.  So Beer that tastes like water must be good for you too.