Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1179645 times)

hutch

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #1410 on: April 12, 2013, 12:50:32 pm »
well i happen to be listening to never mind the bollocks.. still one of the best rock and roll records..

i have yet to watch this clip although i was tipped off to it a few days ago on another board..honestly probably just an act to sell tickets..

i seem to remember you grind your ax regarding lydon cause you think he hates homosexuals or something???

Relaxer

« Reply #1411 on: April 12, 2013, 01:07:47 pm »
That's funny Hutch, I actually listened it to Bollocks last night from start to finish and was like "Goddamn this is a great record." Lydon is a majorly hypocritical, thin-skinned, bad-mannered asshole from his hair to his toes but he did make one of the best rock and roll records.
oword

atomicfront

« Reply #1412 on: April 12, 2013, 01:10:17 pm »
That's funny Hutch, I actually listened it to Bollocks last night from start to finish and was like "Goddamn this is a great record." Lydon is a majorly hypocritical, thin-skinned, bad-mannered asshole from his hair to his toes but he did make one of the best rock and roll records.

And he also wrote one of the best autobiographies.  When I was a teenager I listened to the second PIL album over and over again.  I guess the same thing that made him be such a disagreeable sort also made him make unique music.

Relaxer

« Reply #1413 on: April 12, 2013, 01:11:41 pm »
Good point, those first two PIL records are also great, so you have to give him credit for that. But holy shit did that band go downhill. I actually like PIL through the Album album but after that, it's pretty crappy.
oword

hutch

« Reply #1414 on: April 12, 2013, 01:25:03 pm »
His autobiography is seriously great...

and I guess I saw him at the 930 and loved it even though I'm not much of a PiL or PIL fan..

I talked to Glen Matlock Sunday and asked him about a new Sex Pistols tour and he said "well..its up to Johnny but I could give a ... honestly to play the same songs..."

Of course Glen is going to say that...

From Glen's show it almost seemed like Lydon's description was pretty on the money.. he comes off as a bit of a tool..down to recommending his favorite non-alcoholic beer (becks something or other for those that care)

atomicfront

« Reply #1415 on: April 12, 2013, 01:29:39 pm »
His autobiography is seriously great...

and I guess I saw him at the 930 and loved it even though I'm not much of a PiL or PIL fan..

I talked to Glen Matlock Sunday and asked him about a new Sex Pistols tour and he said "well..its up to Johnny but I could give a ... honestly to play the same songs..."

Of course Glen is going to say that...

From Glen's show it almost seemed like Lydon's description was pretty on the money.. he comes off as a bit of a tool..down to recommending his favorite non-alcoholic beer (becks something or other for those that care)

I think the main problem Lydon had with Glen is he wouldn't play "God Save the Queen" or "Anarchy in the UK".  You know you have problems when a member of your band won't play your two biggest songs. 

Yada

« Reply #1416 on: April 16, 2013, 12:55:50 pm »
an oldie but a goodie... lolz.

Yada

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1418 on: April 16, 2013, 03:21:58 pm »
you beat me by ten seconds.  bastard.  and that should go in my for nkotb thread!

Yada

« Reply #1419 on: April 16, 2013, 03:31:42 pm »
you beat me by ten seconds.  bastard.  and that should go in my for nkotb thread!

does he like WEEN?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1420 on: April 16, 2013, 03:33:06 pm »
uhmm . . . like duh.  read the first post of why i even started that damn thread.  nothing to do with star wars.

edit:  i just went and looked.  the damn link doesnt even work anymore.

here it is again at its new site

http://iclips.net/watch/weentv
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:41:55 pm by walkonby »

Yada

« Reply #1421 on: April 16, 2013, 03:55:23 pm »
uhmm . . . like duh.  read the first post of why i even started that damn thread.  nothing to do with star wars.

edit:  i just went and looked.  the damn link doesnt even work anymore.

here it is again at its new site

http://iclips.net/watch/weentv

he's ok in my book then, I've never even opened that thread!

James Ford

« Reply #1422 on: April 16, 2013, 04:02:39 pm »
Speaking of NKOTB, I read that NKOTB member Joey McIntyre finshed the Boston Marathon five minutes before the blast yesterday.

I know our nkotb is also a marathoner. Is he also the member of the singing group?

azaghal1981

« Reply #1423 on: April 17, 2013, 05:54:17 pm »
I like this new obviously pissed off Obama.
احمد

atomicfront

« Reply #1424 on: April 22, 2013, 10:11:28 am »
So we aren't allowed to talk about Boston Bombing?  Lame.