Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1179648 times)

hutch

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #2580 on: January 07, 2014, 01:53:14 pm »
the more I think about it the better i feel about arlington opening late.. they have to make sure the buses can start otherwise older kids could be waiting outside for a long time... that gives them some extra time to make sure

it currently, according to the internet, feels like -8 F in Arlington...that is -22 celcius.... its hard for me to even comprehend that...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 01:56:36 pm by hutch »

atomic

« Reply #2581 on: January 07, 2014, 02:08:04 pm »
I bet my wife was the only one from her "company" working from 8:30pm-11:30pm last night, like she seems to every night.

Monday, January 6 - 5:45 p.m. - All Fairfax County public schools will be closed Tuesday, January 7, due to dangerously low temperatures and wind chill. Offices will be open.

My wife told her boss she'd either work from home or take a sick day and not work at all. Her boss opted for the former.

The teachers aren't the ones who decide to close school. You do know that, don't you?

School cancelled tomorrow. We live in a world of wimps.

Mostly in Va.  What's up with that?  My kids are learnin' today.

I guess area teachers are the laziest teachers in the world.  What year did the Chesapeake Bay freeze over.  We were out there every day in the cold waiting for the bus every day back then with no complaints.  The schools have heat.  School shouldn't have been closed one day this year.  We haven't had any bad weather.   

On a related note.  When we had those big snow storms a couple years back my job didn't close a single day.  You were expected to be at work.  I tried to drive in the middle of the second snow storm but all the gas stations were closed.  It was fun driving in those conditions.  Just drive exactly in the middle of the electical poles.

You are saying the school administrator is not a former teacher?  And he doesn't get off as well?

I wonder what all the parents do who are counting on their kids being at school.  Do they have to take the day off?

So basically your wife's company is suffering from less work getting done by your wife because the teachers don't want to work?

Is your  wife a government "worker" is that why you put company in quotes?  I figured you would be asleep by 11:30 as you get up so early.

Anyways, I went for a little walk.  It felt nice breathing in that cold air. 

James Ford

« Reply #2582 on: January 07, 2014, 02:10:20 pm »
When they open two hours late, it doesn't count as a lost school day, right?

If Fairfax loses one more school day, they'll have to make it up by going to school on Presidents Day. Which is a-ok with me, as my wife and I will have the house to ourselves and free babysitting for eight hours.

the more I think about it the better i feel about arlington opening late.. they have to make sure the buses can start otherwise older kids could be waiting outside for a long time... that gives them some extra time to make sure

it currently, according to the internet, feels like -8 F in Arlington...that is -22 celcius.... its hard for me to even comprehend that...

James Ford

« Reply #2583 on: January 07, 2014, 02:12:06 pm »
She works for a trade association. I'm not sure if that's considered a company or not, hence the quotes.

I bet my wife was the only one from her "company" working from 8:30pm-11:30pm last night, like she seems to every night.

Monday, January 6 - 5:45 p.m. - All Fairfax County public schools will be closed Tuesday, January 7, due to dangerously low temperatures and wind chill. Offices will be open.

My wife told her boss she'd either work from home or take a sick day and not work at all. Her boss opted for the former.

The teachers aren't the ones who decide to close school. You do know that, don't you?

School cancelled tomorrow. We live in a world of wimps.

Mostly in Va.  What's up with that?  My kids are learnin' today.

I guess area teachers are the laziest teachers in the world.  What year did the Chesapeake Bay freeze over.  We were out there every day in the cold waiting for the bus every day back then with no complaints.  The schools have heat.  School shouldn't have been closed one day this year.  We haven't had any bad weather.   

On a related note.  When we had those big snow storms a couple years back my job didn't close a single day.  You were expected to be at work.  I tried to drive in the middle of the second snow storm but all the gas stations were closed.  It was fun driving in those conditions.  Just drive exactly in the middle of the electical poles.

You are saying the school administrator is not a former teacher?  And he doesn't get off as well?

I wonder what all the parents do who are counting on their kids being at school.  Do they have to take the day off?

So basically your wife's company is suffering from less work getting done by your wife because the teachers don't want to work?

Is your  wife a government "worker" is that why you put company in quotes?  I figured you would be asleep by 11:30 as you get up so early.

Anyways, I went for a little walk.  It felt nice breathing in that cold air. 

atomic

« Reply #2584 on: January 07, 2014, 02:31:15 pm »

If Fairfax loses one more school day, they'll have to make it up by going to school on Presidents Day. Which is a-ok with me, as my wife and I will have the house to ourselves and free babysitting for eight hours.

Sounds like you have plans for trying to make more babies.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2585 on: January 07, 2014, 02:40:51 pm »
Fun fact: The Greek word we render "anti-christ" in the Bible IS plural in the original language.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2586 on: January 07, 2014, 03:00:30 pm »
Is there a Sweetlife festival forum we can in a feud with?
T.Rex

« Reply #2587 on: January 07, 2014, 03:01:58 pm »
Is there a Sweetlife festival forum we can in a feud with?
We are going to cut-and-paste-Milton's-Paradise-Lost the shit out of them if there is.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #2588 on: January 07, 2014, 03:06:53 pm »

or splitting a 12oz beer that day.  ;D

atomic

« Reply #2589 on: January 07, 2014, 04:01:01 pm »

or splitting a 12oz beer that day.  ;D

The beer splitting is foreplay. 

I wish my job had recess.   Lunch is my favorite part of the work day but if we had recess, I think that would trump lunch. 

atomic

« Reply #2590 on: January 08, 2014, 04:03:16 pm »
I am at our planning meeting for the next month and we have tasks and you can volunteer for stuff.  So I volunteer to do most everything.  And then my director says two people (who are at the meeting) don't have anything assigned to them and we should assign some tasks to them.  And my manager states she doesn't want to assign anything to them because in the past when they were assigned things they didn't complete their tasks. 

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2591 on: January 08, 2014, 04:21:16 pm »
Why aren't Redboxs at Metro stations. Big grocery I guess...
T.Rex

atomic

« Reply #2592 on: January 08, 2014, 04:29:57 pm »

People would urinate on them, perhaps?

stevewizzle

« Reply #2593 on: January 08, 2014, 05:44:30 pm »

People would urinate on them, perhaps?

« Reply #2594 on: January 08, 2014, 06:54:30 pm »
Al Borges just got fired at Michigan. I am BUSTING!!!!
LVMH