Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1179645 times)

James Ford

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #3885 on: October 02, 2014, 03:05:19 pm »
I'm no defender of Christianity, but when was the last time Christians stoned adulterers?

You're defending how fucked up the Koran is by arguing that the Bible is fucked up? What kind of argument is that?

They're both fucked up and shouldn't be followed.

the bible has plenty of passages about slavery, stoning adulterers, klling your enemies, etc.

there are lots of burka-wearers in Saudi Arabia or taliban-controlled Afghanistan; but there are a billion more that don't in Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, Bangladesh... not to count the ~3 million muslims in the U.S.  

listen, i'm no fan or radical islam and if they tell me that my wife and daughter need to start wearing a tent, i'm taking up arms.  but until that happens, it's stupid and bigoted to paint all members of a religion based on a small militant minority.

check out that CNN video i linked above.  you're coming across like the CNN hosts (but maybe you don't see what's wrong with what they're saying...)

James Ford

« Reply #3886 on: October 02, 2014, 03:07:28 pm »
As I stated, I would only vote to kick out RADICAL Muslims. And radical Christians. You know, like Sarah Palin.

Surely you would agree that requiring a woman to dress like that is "radical", and that there is no place for that kind of shit here in a progressive country where women and men are equals?

100% agreed!  no place for that here.

but kicking out 3 million law-abiding citizens because a few thousand practice that is asinine.  

Surely, there are many Muslims that are saying much more hateful things toward Americans than anything I said.

sure, and we're jump on them for posting it here, too.

Yada

hutch

« Reply #3888 on: October 02, 2014, 03:14:20 pm »

People are free to wear what they want.. that doesn't make them "radical" anything in it of itself... people are free to believe what they want and practice their religion as they want as long as it doesn't violate laws (i.e., some Mormons)

ggw

« Reply #3890 on: October 02, 2014, 03:18:01 pm »
People are free to wear what they want..

I've always pictured you as a "socks with sandals" kind of guy.

James Ford

« Reply #3891 on: October 02, 2014, 03:18:20 pm »
But are they really free to wear what they want, or are they wearing it it because their religion/culture/husband requires it lest they be ostracized?

People are free to wear what they want.. that doesn't make them "radical" anything in it of itself... people are free to believe what they want and practice their religion as they want as long as it doesn't violate laws (i.e., some Mormons)

Yada

« Reply #3892 on: October 02, 2014, 03:24:09 pm »
People are free to wear what they want..

I've always pictured you as a "socks with sandals" kind of guy.

hahahah!

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3893 on: October 02, 2014, 03:34:09 pm »
I agree with James Ford. There is no place in America for someone who dresses differently than I do.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #3894 on: October 02, 2014, 04:28:10 pm »
I agree with James Ford. There is no place in America for someone who thinks differently than I do.

Fixed that for you.

Yada

James Ford

« Reply #3896 on: October 02, 2014, 05:40:54 pm »
Yet you (Hutch, not Julian) are the one calling for me to be banned from the board ostensibly because I think different than you. Nice.

I agree with James Ford. There is no place in America for someone who thinks differently than I do.

Fixed that for you.

hutch

« Reply #3897 on: October 02, 2014, 06:15:24 pm »
Yet you (Hutch, not Julian) are the one calling for me to be banned from the board ostensibly because I think different than you. Nice.

Fixed that for you.

There's no room around here for a bigoted prejudiced person spewing hatred....now git.

Differences of opinion are another thing... hating people because they are Muslim is something else entirely.

James Ford

« Reply #3898 on: October 02, 2014, 06:42:29 pm »
But wanting to destroy people because they are not Muslim is acceptable?

Fixed that for you.

There's no room around here for a bigoted prejudiced person spewing hatred....now git.

Differences of opinion are another thing... hating people because they are Muslim is something else entirely.

stevewizzle

« Reply #3899 on: October 02, 2014, 07:51:32 pm »
But wanting to destroy people because they are not Muslim is acceptable?

Fixed that for you.

don't you think kicking them out of  "the land of the free" would perpetuate that idea, rather than solve the problem?

and when's the last time you saw a muslim in this country speaking to "destroy" anything?