Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1370635 times)

hutch

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #2325 on: August 06, 2009, 12:46:09 pm »
Anyways the big news in Argentine newspapers is that ManU is going to make a play for another "ugly Argie" Aguero from Atletico de Madrid....not sure how credible this is...

Aguero definititely has some skills to pay the bills...

brennser

« Reply #2326 on: August 06, 2009, 12:52:02 pm »
done? he barely started!!

I think he might have a surprise up his sleeve - just a hunch
changing the subject, do you man u guys think fergie is done spending for the summer?

hutch

« Reply #2327 on: August 06, 2009, 12:53:19 pm »
and Kun Aguero has a son with Maradona's daughter!

vansmack

« Reply #2328 on: August 06, 2009, 03:36:18 pm »
And Tevez doesn't miss penalty kicks in a Champions League final.

Great, but he'll never play in a Champions League game, let alone a Final so long as he's at City.  

I don't know why you're so surprised that United supporters are upset at Tevez - he wasn't exactly gracious in his departure. 
27>34

hutch

« Reply #2329 on: August 06, 2009, 03:41:28 pm »
And Tevez doesn't miss penalty kicks in a Champions League final.

Great, but he'll never play in a Champions League game, let alone a Final so long as he's at City.  

I don't know why you're so surprised that United supporters are upset at Tevez - he wasn't exactly gracious in his departure. 

I actually dont' think United supporters are upset at Tevez.. they're upset at Ferguson.... They wanted Tevez to stay and made that very clear on ample opportunities.. This is why Ferguson made up that he tried to call Tevez to get him to stay etc etc.....

Its the ManU supporters on this thread who seem upset..

Honestly people don't seem very informed on this over here..

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2330 on: August 06, 2009, 03:42:28 pm »
zzzzzzzzzzz
o/\o

hutch

« Reply #2331 on: August 06, 2009, 03:47:43 pm »
zzzzzzzzzzz

Now THATs what I call a contribution! Thank you!

vansmack

« Reply #2332 on: August 06, 2009, 03:50:28 pm »
I actually dont' think United supporters are upset at Tevez.. they're upset at Ferguson.... They wanted Tevez to stay and made that very clear on ample opportunities.. This is why Ferguson made up that he tried to call Tevez to get him to stay etc etc.....

You seem to forget that United made a quality offer that Kia and Carlos rejected, and I don't know of a single United supporter who agreed with Kia and Carlos' counteroffer that insisted that Tevez be the highest paid player at Old Trafford.

They were upset with Fergie during the season for not getting the deal done, sure, but when Fergie came out and said we're having a tough time dealing with Kia because he's insisting that Tevez be the highest paid player at Old Trafford, there was absolutely no outrage from the fans directed at Fergie.

You don't pay a third choice striker top wages.  It's a simple business decision that most folks agree with.  I don't know how you've forgotten about what happened in June and July, but you really do seem to remember April and May pretty well.  Did the Argentine papers go on strike for two months?

Bottome line, you want to be the highest paid striker - then go to a team where you will be the first choice striker, and that's why he's at City and not OT.  It's not because United didn't want to resign him... 
27>34

hutch

« Reply #2333 on: August 06, 2009, 03:52:03 pm »
Now I'm hearing Kun Aguero perhaps to Chelsea...

Maybe its all just rumours....

hutch

« Reply #2334 on: August 06, 2009, 03:55:48 pm »

You seem to forget that United made a quality offer that Kia and Carlos rejected, and I don't know of a single United supporter who agreed with Kia and Carlos' counteroffer that insisted that Tevez be the highest paid player at Old Trafford.

They were upset with Fergie during the season for not getting the deal done, sure, but when Fergie came out and said we're having a tough time dealing with Kia because he's insisting that Tevez be the highest paid player at Old Trafford, there was absolutely no outrage from the fans directed at Fergie.

You don't pay a third choice striker top wages.  It's a simple business decision that most folks agree with.  I don't know how you've forgotten about what happened in June and July, but you really do seem to remember April and May pretty well.  Did the Argentine papers go on strike for two months?

Bottome line, you want to be the highest paid striker - then go to a team where you will be the first choice striker, and that's why he's at City and not OT.  It's not because United didn't want to resign him... 

Well perhaps you're right...

I don't remember the exact timing.. I don't know that ManU fans weren't trying to have Tevez re-sign in June..

My feeling is that the ManU fans generally wanted Tevez back and Fergie made up a bunch of baloney to justify not signing him including that he'd tried, that they'd made this offer or that, that he was asking for the most money; my feeling is this is all baloney.. Then again its just a feeling.. I have as much evidence as you do for your assertions which really read like ManU PR more than what happened.

hutch

« Reply #2335 on: August 06, 2009, 03:58:43 pm »
But maybe not.. I suppose if the money he got from City is more than ManU pays any of their players then you'd be right!

Anyways I'm going to stop talking about this.. I do look forward to Tevez shutting all of you up but we'll have to see if he can do it!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2336 on: August 06, 2009, 04:02:28 pm »
who cares, all the blame it the world isnt going to bring tevez back, and if you support man u, i would hope you'd take sir alex over anyone

i like tevez more than i like teams that employ he-who-must-not-be-named

which reminds me, have i brought up my spencer pratt theory of football watching?
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2337 on: August 06, 2009, 04:02:37 pm »

I could list the newspapers that reported that Tevez insisted that he be the highest paid player at OT, but you could simply google it.  It's clear that your love of Tevez is beyond reproach.

And yes, I believe the United Press release that stated:

"Following contact received from Carlos Tevez's advisors last night, in advance of the deadline the Club set for concluding negotiations, Manchester United announces that Carlos will not be signing a new contract with the Club.

"The Club agreed to pay the option price of 25.5 million pounds and offered Carlos a five-year contract which would have made him one of its highest paid players.

"Disappointingly however, his advisors informed the Club that, despite the success he has enjoyed during one of the Club's most successful periods, he does not wish to continue playing for Manchester United.

"The Club would like to thank Carlos for his services over the last two seasons and wishes him good luck for the future."

I have no reason not to.  And Tevez hasn't denied it either.  He simply said that if United really wanted to sign him the could have come up with the money.  No, actually, Carlos, there was no need.  That's not the OT way.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #2338 on: August 06, 2009, 04:06:29 pm »
I actually wouldn't put Tevez in my Argentina starting lineup so my love for him doesn't trump everything.

I am a Boca Juniors man through and through though...

vansmack

« Reply #2339 on: August 06, 2009, 04:11:52 pm »
But maybe not.. I suppose if the money he got from City is more than ManU pays any of their players then you'd be right!

It's fucking amazing to me that you don't know any of this stuff yet you keep spouting off as if we're the one's that don't know what we're talking about.

Tevez makes £140,000 a week at City.

United offered him £95,000, but he insisted he make what United's highest paid players make.  That would be Rio and Berbatov who make £110000.

So please, shut the hell up.  You couldn't be more annoying now.
27>34