Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1370571 times)

vansmack

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #2460 on: September 21, 2009, 12:43:24 pm »
If I ever make it to a Manchester Derby in my life, and the outcome was as dramatic as yesterday's match, one guy I would never taunt as they were leaving the pitch would be Craig Bellamy.  I knew this before I saw this picture:

27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2461 on: September 21, 2009, 12:59:39 pm »
sucker punching a fan fits in well as a chapter in bel's career
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2462 on: September 21, 2009, 01:06:47 pm »
Wednesday, Sept 23

2:40pm LIVE Carling Cup - Man Utd vs Wolverhampton (Set)

Newcastle returns to the tubes this Saturday....
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2463 on: September 21, 2009, 01:09:29 pm »
thank god. i'm losing my marbles over here
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2464 on: September 21, 2009, 07:45:37 pm »
If I ever make it to a Manchester Derby in my life, and the outcome was as dramatic as yesterday's match, one guy I would never taunt as they were leaving the pitch would be Craig Bellamy.  I knew this before I saw this picture:

You did notice that the fan had his arms restrained by a steward when Bellamy punched him? Bellamy has always been a twat, now he plays for the moss side morons he's elevated to a fucking blue twat.

I'm not sure what Hughes is bellyaching about the added time for. If it's tied then the added time benefits both teams equally and shitty could quite easily have put one in against the run of play just like they did all game. Had Bellamy not celebrated for about 2 minutes after their third goal then time would not have been added to the 4 minutes. The ref can and should add more time on should a team be time wasting or for subsitions during injury time.... Hughes is quickly becoming the Welsh Wenger.

Oh it's good to know the red side of manc still dominates.

vansmack

« Reply #2465 on: September 21, 2009, 08:26:30 pm »
I'm not sure what Hughes is bellyaching about the added time for. If it's tied then the added time benefits both teams equally and shitty could quite easily have put one in against the run of play just like they did all game.

I can see why he's complaining, but I agree with you.  The ref signalled 4 minutes.  Shitty then scored and celebrated for 55 seconds.  Add one minute for that.  30 seconds for the Carrick substituion and we play to 95:30.  Owen scores at 95:25 - time for celebration, kickoff, blow whistle.  End of game.  End of story.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2466 on: September 22, 2009, 09:55:11 am »
yay! i'm happy i agree with mankie on the bells is a twat point  ;D
o/\o

Barcelona

« Reply #2467 on: September 23, 2009, 02:02:23 pm »
I'm not sure what Hughes is bellyaching about the added time for. If it's tied then the added time benefits both teams equally and shitty could quite easily have put one in against the run of play just like they did all game.

I can see why he's complaining, but I agree with you.  The ref signalled 4 minutes.  Shitty then scored and celebrated for 55 seconds.  Add one minute for that.  30 seconds for the Carrick substituion and we play to 95:30.  Owen scores at 95:25 - time for celebration, kickoff, blow whistle.  End of game.  End of story.

I didn't see the game, what I do in these situations is to imagine how I would have reacted if the game had been at Manchester City's stadium and the situation had been the opposite with City (why not Tevez?) scoring the goal at 95:25.

(I did it last year after Chelsea's complaints after the game with Barcelona and thought that if we had been in Chelsea's situation I would have wanted to fire the coach and the players rather than kill the referee)

hutch

« Reply #2468 on: September 23, 2009, 02:33:34 pm »
Well its surprising...

I think its atypical to have a game with 7 minutes added on...

It happens more in banana countries like Argentina... where there is more timewasting simulating etc/ fan riots during game/ electricity shutting down/ more cards/ the refs are bought and paid for etc.

But in Europe to have seven minutes tacked on is unusual.. Then again its England and they do follow the book.. maybe everyone else is wrong.. I mean if you have a bunch of goal celebrations, a few free kicks etc.. You can see how it would get to 7 minutes..

The blame really is City's for not holding on to the draw....but of course people always like to point the finger elsewhere...

vansmack

« Reply #2469 on: September 23, 2009, 05:04:47 pm »
I think its atypical to have a game with 7 minutes added on...

But that's just it - it wasn't 7 minutes.  It was 5:30 with close to minute celebration after a winning goal 5 seconds short of the whistle.  After the teams reassembled for the kick-off, City kicked it down field and the whistle blew. He can't blow the whistle on a dead ball so he had to wait for the ball to be put back in play.

Either way, give City 7 minutes of added time in the Spring and see if United can score two more goals instead of one....
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2470 on: September 23, 2009, 05:28:42 pm »
I don't care if it was 15 minutes of added time...the score was tied so it's benefits both teams. Had shitty scored the go-ahead goal at 90 minutes then 7 (5 1/2 in reality) minutes been added and United scored the EQUALIZER I can understand raised eyebrows, but what was to stop shitty scoring and winning the game at 5.25????? That's the point I'm trying to make.

The time keeping is correct. You can add extra time onto injury time for delay in game. It's not friggin rocket science.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2471 on: September 24, 2009, 09:02:57 am »
right, 4 minutes of added time doesnt mean the match ends at 94:00 no matter what. 2 goal celebrations and a substitution has got to add at least 2 minutes if not 3
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2472 on: September 24, 2009, 12:16:36 pm »
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2473 on: September 24, 2009, 12:27:10 pm »
i'll try to keep this short

i dont know that keegan will win, because i doubt his contract gave him full control over transfers

supposedly ashley has £25m in overdrafts secured, he could defer payment over a few years, and once this is sorted the sale might go through

BUT, fuck kevin keegan. he told us he came back to save the club and yet he goes for the jugular with this lawsuit. absolutly shameful. fans still take his side somehow
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2474 on: September 24, 2009, 12:58:39 pm »
I agree...Keegan quit right? Imagine that?? Keegan quitting!!!! In my opinion he should lose all rights to any compensation unless he was sexually harrassed or something, but just quitting because he lacks a spine and sense of commitment is not grounds for compensation in my opinion....I'm sure some lawyer will argue to the contrary but the law is not, and actually hardly ever, an indication of what is right, ethical or moral.

Shoeshine...do you remember a certain old board member who predicted Keegan would quit when he took the job? He's never completed a managerial commitment since he stopped playing...