Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1370495 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #3945 on: September 17, 2013, 02:33:55 pm »
I kind of thought this article was a joke.

Then I saw Bayern Munich's new Ledehosen inspired  away kit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB4abgADhGA

I have photos of me in Lederhosen as a child.  Then we moved to the US and I wore them to school.  I still blame my mom for the horrible event.
Holy shit.  We have something in common.  My mom got me some and made me wear them to a few birthday parties.  To this day I remember my friends being like "dude..wtf are you wearing?".  I recall one kid asking if the little carved antler decorative thing was candy.  My mom also made me wear sun suits when I was little.  No pics of the lederhosen.  But in every pic age 5 or so and younger I'm wearing a sun suit.

atomic

« Reply #3946 on: September 17, 2013, 02:41:56 pm »
I have photos of me in Lederhosen as a child.  Then we moved to the US and I wore them to school.  I still blame my mom for the horrible event.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Yeah like I haven't suffered enough abuse for wearing them I would post a photo of me in them on this board. 

atomic

« Reply #3947 on: September 17, 2013, 02:43:23 pm »

Holy shit.  We have something in common.  My mom got me some and made me wear them to a few birthday parties.  To this day I remember my friends being like "dude..wtf are you wearing?".  I recall one kid asking if the little carved antler decorative thing was candy.  My mom also made me wear sun suits when I was little.  No pics of the lederhosen.  But in every pic age 5 or so and younger I'm wearing a sun suit.

I feel bad for you.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3948 on: September 17, 2013, 04:35:42 pm »

I feel bad for you.
don't...it all worked out just fine for me in the mom and fashion departments.

hutch

« Reply #3949 on: September 23, 2013, 08:25:24 am »
Kun is playing at such a high level...  too bad Argentina has no midfield, defense or goalie.... because Messi, Aguero and Higuain are all great....

vansmack

27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3951 on: September 25, 2013, 06:19:34 am »
surprised his in-laws didn't tell him to fuck off back to london. fantastic restraint

di canio had more players bought than games in charge
o/\o

atomic

« Reply #3952 on: September 25, 2013, 09:48:47 am »
Why do all the sports sites refer to Bayern Munchen as "Bayern Munich"?  If they wanted to Americanize the name it should be "Bavaria Munich".  Totally confused.

vansmack

« Reply #3953 on: October 16, 2013, 12:29:33 pm »
No other team in the world does what America did last night.  I hope the don't pay the price in Brazil next year with a round of 16 ouster by Mexico.

I thought Jurgen would get us past this...
27>34

hutch

« Reply #3954 on: October 16, 2013, 12:58:41 pm »
No other team in the world does what America did last night.  I hope the don't pay the price in Brazil next year with a round of 16 ouster by Mexico.

I thought Jurgen would get us past this...

THAT IS WHAT I AM SAYING>>>WHAT IS UP WITH THE AMERICAN NAIVETE!

vansmack

« Reply #3955 on: October 16, 2013, 02:35:55 pm »

I have no idea Hutch.  After screaming "WTF are you doing?" I was shaking my head as it was happening...

The stupid Sam's Army people in the bar cheering up a storm of USA chant's.  They just don't get it....
27>34

slappy

« Reply #3956 on: October 16, 2013, 03:31:37 pm »

I have no idea Hutch.  After screaming "WTF are you doing?" I was shaking my head as it was happening...

The stupid Sam's Army people in the bar cheering up a storm of USA chant's.  They just don't get it....

What's there to get? Mexico can't score. Even if Mexico gets past New Zealand and makes it. The US would deserve to get eliminated if they can't get past a team that has only scored 7 goals in the last 10 games.

I don't think it's naive to play to win. The concept of playing to a draw or loss because you're looking backward at a team that is hanging on by a thread is silly and unproductive.

vansmack

« Reply #3957 on: October 16, 2013, 08:16:21 pm »
Mexican Head Coach Victor Manuel Vucetich said post-match. "As professionals we should play all of our games at our best level of play. If we knew we were going to qualify we would not have done so. We have to praise ethical and professional behavior, in this case by the United States.?

My Spanish isn't very good, but that translates to:

"Si la situación fuera al revés, nos habríamos perdido seguro."
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3958 on: November 22, 2013, 12:49:23 pm »
I don't want to bum anybody out, but if you're a US soccer fan, sit here for 20 minutes and see how many favorable draws you come up with for next year:

2014 World Cup Draw Simulator
27>34

« Reply #3959 on: November 22, 2013, 01:18:01 pm »
I don't want to bum anybody out, but if you're a US soccer fan, sit here for 20 minutes and see how many favorable draws you come up with for next year:

2014 World Cup Draw Simulator

Got one with USA Greece, Chile and Belgium....not that they will get that lucky
slack