Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241419 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #5580 on: July 02, 2015, 01:47:05 pm »
People, people, can't you all put your differences aside and get back to discussing the vile swill you drink?
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #5581 on: July 02, 2015, 01:52:39 pm »
Discrimination is the prejudicial treatment of an individual based on his/her membership (or perceived membership) in a certain group or category, and involves actual actions taken towards that individual.

What individual am I showing prejudicial treatment toward with my statement?

I'm not really interested in debating semantics, but you have appeared to have found the definition of "discrimination", the verb, and it appears you chose the second definition. just like those who watch FOX news, we can all find something that justifies our ignorance and hatred.

So are you saying all people who watch Fox News are bad? It seems that you're the one doing the discriminating in that case, at least by your definition. (FWIW, I don't have cable.)

Are you saying that all religious thought is equal? Because that seems silly. If all religious thought were equal, why would people choose to be one religion over another? There are differences between religions, and people are allowed to have positive or negative opinions about diffferent religions without being called a "bigot".

What is discrimination is saying that one religion is the right religion, and that those who are not that religion should be discriminated against. That happens in many secular-based governments in other parts of the world.

stevewizzle

« Reply #5582 on: July 02, 2015, 02:16:56 pm »
Don't care

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5583 on: July 02, 2015, 03:13:52 pm »
uhh... beer?
<sig>

stevewizzle

« Reply #5584 on: July 02, 2015, 05:01:49 pm »

Space Freely

« Reply #5585 on: July 02, 2015, 05:20:13 pm »
uhh... beer?

yes please

I'm drinking New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red from a bottle tonight....

walk,on,by

« Reply #5586 on: July 02, 2015, 09:55:47 pm »
my gay lover, is addicted to that dumb, banana bread beer.

Space Freely

« Reply #5587 on: July 03, 2015, 07:30:22 pm »
uhh... beer?

yes please

I'm drinking Allagash White tonight...

brennser

« Reply #5588 on: July 06, 2015, 02:49:18 pm »
I won't try to quote Sidehatchs excellent write up but I too enjoyed many excellent local beers in Charleston and Kiawah over the last week - we really only made it to downtown Charleston on Thursday afternoon - hit up Westbrook and Coast - Westbrook is huge and judging by all the construction looks like they are doubling in size - nicest surprise of the Westbrook trip was discovering they still had Mexican cake for sale in their tasting room  ;D ;D ;D ;D Also picked up some gose there. The beer on tap at the tasting room were good not great, an "imperial" gose, a berliner weise and old ale and a rye pale ale. Interestingly, based on my nonscientific sample of 3 or 4 liqour stores around Kiawah the Westbrook gose was impossible to find but all stores had plenty of their Witbier and IPA

Coast was awesome - vibe much more reminiscent of some of the smaller DC breweries - literally everything on tap was excellent with special kudos to their Boy King DIPA and their BA Stout Blackbeerd - small space - cool staff - cheap beer, nice locals hanging drinking beer and playing cornhole

Earlier in the week we had quickly hit up Tradesman brewing - nice people, tiny space, mediocire to decent beers

Also got to try various holy city, freehouse and palmetto beers at various watering holes in the area

« Reply #5589 on: July 06, 2015, 02:59:39 pm »
At least 4 or 5 restaurants had Westbrook gose in can
but didn't really make it to any thing but the local bodega ...all they had was Holy City

Bummed I didn't hit the brewery tours...next time
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #5590 on: July 06, 2015, 03:25:45 pm »
uhh... beer?

yes please

I'm drinking Allagash White tonight...

And of course Chimay Blue on the 4th.

Yada

« Reply #5591 on: July 10, 2015, 03:00:24 pm »
Nice lil' evening of CBS and KBS at City Tap House last night. KBS was still flowing nearly three hours into the event.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5592 on: July 11, 2015, 12:41:07 pm »
dammit.

i may never get to taste CBS, despite it being my birthright.

dammit!
<sig>

walk,on,by

« Reply #5593 on: July 11, 2015, 02:23:24 pm »
ive had it.  who cares.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5594 on: July 11, 2015, 02:32:24 pm »
Anyone got any thoughts on that bells planet series that's coming to a close?
LVMH