Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241380 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6450 on: February 24, 2016, 12:26:54 pm »
Any idea when Bell's Black Note comes out?
I do not, but that same pub is having a Bell's dinner tomorrow night with a Bell's rep and I can find out for you.

Merci and gracias.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6451 on: February 24, 2016, 01:25:39 pm »
speaking of bells, i had my first hopslam of the year at a party last night.  t'was a honey-bomb.  i don't think i had any last year (it's not my fav so i don't seek it out).  i didn't remember it being so sweet.  clearly my hop tolerance is high because while the beer was clearly hoppy, it didn't strike me as exceptionally hoppy.  thank you, lupulin threshold shift.

i also tasted an IPA from RAR brewing.  very good.  i'll be dropping by this brewery next time i made it to the eastern shore.  they're posting some very respectable rating numbers on BA.

weyerbacher's sunday morning stout, aka the poor man's KBS, is out.  at $18/four pack, not sure it still gets that moniker... i was planning on picking up more than one pack, but at that price i got a founders imperial stout foursome instead of another SMS.  i'll try one tonight and cellar the rest unless it tastes amazing fresh.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #6452 on: February 24, 2016, 01:43:10 pm »
speaking of bells, i had my first hopslam of the year at a party last night.  t'was a honey-bomb.  i don't think i had any last year (it's not my fav so i don't seek it out).  i didn't remember it being so sweet.  clearly my hop tolerance is high because while the beer was clearly hoppy, it didn't strike me as exceptionally hoppy.  thank you, lupulin threshold shift.

i also tasted an IPA from RAR brewing.  very good.  i'll be dropping by this brewery next time i made it to the eastern shore.  they're posting some very respectable rating numbers on BA.

weyerbacher's sunday morning stout, aka the poor man's KBS, is out.  at $18/four pack, not sure it still gets that moniker... i was planning on picking up more than one pack, but at that price i got a founders imperial stout foursome instead of another SMS.  i'll try one tonight and cellar the rest unless it tastes amazing fresh.

SMS=$14.99/ four pack in VA. Had my first one of 2016 batch last night. Was good. Wanted to compare it with a 2015 SMS which i still have, or some other bourbon stout, but i just can't handle more than one, and my wife was making drink that one by myself.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6453 on: February 24, 2016, 02:07:26 pm »
SMS=$14.99/ four pack in VA.

the infamous $3 DC tax...

my wife was making drink that one by myself.

i can see it now, your wife sitting you down at the table and sternly watching you drink it - sorta like when you catch a teenager smoking cigarettes and you make them smoke a bunch until they get sick, to ensure that they don't smoke again ;D
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6454 on: February 24, 2016, 08:30:12 pm »
I forgot how solid DFH 60 minute is.

Yada

« Reply #6455 on: February 25, 2016, 10:59:44 am »
Drank my first Right Proper beer last night that I would actively seek out again.

Terrible name, awesome beer.

Diamonds, Fur Coat, Champagne - extremely crushable berliner weisse

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6456 on: February 25, 2016, 03:05:15 pm »
Hey, for those of  you who are more connoisseur-level on your IPAs, how long are IPAs generally considered "good" if stored in cans. Also, is this time-frame effected by whether or not they're left refrigerated?
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #6457 on: February 25, 2016, 03:19:17 pm »
Hey, for those of  you who are more connoisseur-level on your IPAs, how long are IPAs generally considered "good" if stored in cans. Also, is this time-frame effected by whether or not they're left refrigerated?

I wouldn't buy an IPA in a can or bottle that's over a month old. And I'd make sure I drank it all before the two month mark. Even sooner than both of those targets is preferred.

I keep mine in the darkest, coldest place in my house before refrigerating and that seems to work fine for me.

I do have a can of Heady Topper that's 2.5 years old. That's going to be interesting to drink when we finally crack it.

« Reply #6458 on: February 25, 2016, 03:33:37 pm »
so the four cans of Hopslam my cousin procured for me to drink when I get there in 3 weeks...should be ok then
slack

« Reply #6459 on: February 25, 2016, 03:34:43 pm »
I keep mine in the darkest, coldest place in my house
so how many beers can you fit in your heart?
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #6460 on: February 25, 2016, 03:37:46 pm »
so the four cans of Hopslam my cousin procured for me to drink when I get there in 3 weeks...should be ok then

I didn't say there was a hard and fast rule and it probably depends on the specific IPA, but I'm going to guess it would be fine...

Space Freely

« Reply #6461 on: February 25, 2016, 03:38:26 pm »

About the same number you can fit in your wife's pussy.

« Reply #6462 on: February 25, 2016, 03:39:58 pm »

Ouch!
but I've fit a bomber in there, haven't tried a magnum yet
slack

Bagley

« Reply #6463 on: February 25, 2016, 03:40:51 pm »

They should be fine.  Refrigeration will insure that.

Yada

« Reply #6464 on: February 25, 2016, 03:41:51 pm »