Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241379 times)

Unsanity

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7260 on: August 05, 2016, 02:17:41 am »
jez...4:30 pm on a thursday and the Mind The Hop crowlers are already sold out

Did they still have that gose?

« Reply #7261 on: August 05, 2016, 07:31:04 am »
jez...4:30 pm on a thursday and the Mind The Hop crowlers are already sold out

Did they still have that gose?
this was based on a facebook post, not an actual visit
slack

hutch

« Reply #7262 on: August 05, 2016, 08:10:05 am »
i bought a six pack of dogfish..the standard one... i guess i like it better now.. unless i can't taste a frickin' grapefruit when i drink it...

medeski7

« Reply #7263 on: August 08, 2016, 11:38:26 am »
I have to be in Richmond for work in mid-September.  I'm thinking of stopping by the Veil, it would be on a Wednesday night.  Does anyone know if they normally have some cans to sell on a given week?  I'll try to sample at the bar regardless, but I'd prefer to take some home.  Any input is appreciated.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7264 on: August 08, 2016, 11:44:33 am »
I have to be in Richmond for work in mid-September.  I'm thinking of stopping by the Veil, it would be on a Wednesday night.  Does anyone know if they normally have some cans to sell on a given week?  I'll try to sample at the bar regardless, but I'd prefer to take some home.  Any input is appreciated.
They release that week's beers (usually 2 or 3) on Tuesdays. They've gotten to the point where cans are generally still available for sale Wednesday or Thursday but not usually later than that. If they're debuting something completely new or one of their more rare varietals, that will usually be what sells out quickest and that *might* all go on Tuesday but I'd feel pretty confident you'd be able to get at least 2 of the 3 for that week on Wednesday still. Obviously you probably want to try to get there earlier than later on that Wednesday.

Their facebook does a pretty good job of telling you what's coming out that week and giving daily updates of what they have left and how many.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 11:51:27 am by Julian, the BELOVED »
LVMH

medeski7

« Reply #7265 on: August 08, 2016, 12:05:34 pm »
They release that week's beers (usually 2 or 3) on Tuesdays. They've gotten to the point where cans are generally still available for sale Wednesday or Thursday but not usually later than that. If they're debuting something completely new or one of their more rare varietals, that will usually be what sells out quickest and that *might* all go on Tuesday but I'd feel pretty confident you'd be able to get at least 2 of the 3 for that week on Wednesday still. Obviously you probably want to try to get there earlier than later on that Wednesday.

Their facebook does a pretty good job of telling you what's coming out that week and giving daily updates of what they have left and how many.

Nice, thanks for the heads up.  Hopefully I can leave a little early from the office Wednesday so I'm not showing up close to closing time that evening.  I'm hoping to hit The Answer that night as well. 

hutch

« Reply #7266 on: August 08, 2016, 02:27:57 pm »
I found out the Beer Garden carries Natty Boh (probably only once in a while..)... so I'm happy...my beer can has a baseball catcher on it and the number 12....its not made in Baltimore anymore I believe...

« Reply #7267 on: August 10, 2016, 02:54:23 pm »
well sheeeeeeeeeeeeet....guys like sidehop need not apply since he doesn't like IPAs.

We pleased to announce our first annual Forever Summer Fest(a celebration of all things hoppy) on Saturday August 27th! 🙌🏼 All of the proceeds will be going to a local non-profit. This will be a ticketed event. 2 sessions. Very low ticket counts so every guest can enjoy all of the beers at the festival in a relaxed setting. More info regarding ticket sales and other details coming soon. We are extremely honored to host our good friends Other Half Brewing Company, Suarez Family Brewery, Oxbow Brewing Company, Tired Hands Brewing Company, Bissell Brothers, Trillium Brewing Company, Lawson's Finest Liquids, Ocelot Brewing Company, The Answer Brewpub, Cycle Brewing, Monkish Brewing Co., Threes Brewing, and Commonwealth Brewing Company. Stay tuned! 😎 ‪#‎vabeer‬ ‪#‎rvabeer‬ ‪#‎rva‬ ‪#‎scottsaddition‬

Looks like this is getting capped at 300 people (2 150-person groups with 3-hour windows) and requires advance ticketing which will only be for sale at brewery. If anyone is planning on coming down for this, I will offer to pick up tickets for any regulars (assuming I do not have to stand in line for hours to get them).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 03:00:33 pm by Julian, the BELOVED »
LVMH

« Reply #7268 on: August 11, 2016, 06:27:59 pm »
Drinking a Bells Black Note Stout 2016 right now.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #7269 on: August 11, 2016, 08:36:35 pm »

How does it compare to other bourbon aged stouts, say Founders KBS for instance?

I have one single bottle I've been sitting on for a couple of years, I'll probably crack it once the weather gets cooler.

Space Freely

« Reply #7270 on: August 11, 2016, 08:39:25 pm »
I'm on vacation, managed to get crowlers of the DIPA and Weissbier today at Aslin, as well as an eight ounce pour of each. Got the crowlers within 40 minutes of arrival...no something I'll do very often, but glad i did it this once...

hutch

« Reply #7271 on: August 11, 2016, 09:54:58 pm »
I'm on vacation, managed to get crowlers of the DIPA and Weissbier today at Aslin, as well as an eight ounce pour of each. Got the crowlers within 40 minutes of arrival...no something I'll do very often, but glad i did it this once...

^a scream for help

« Reply #7272 on: August 11, 2016, 10:54:21 pm »

How does it compare to other bourbon aged stouts, say Founders KBS for instance?

I have one single bottle I've been sitting on for a couple of years, I'll probably crack it once the weather gets cooler.
It tasted, I guess the best way I can explain it, "darker" or "thicker" than KBS. VERY similar to the bells expedition stout but maybe a little more "coffee creamer"-y than that. Less bourbons than KBS but still obviously super strong. Felt like a meal on its own. A second one (especially at $17/per) was probably a poor decision.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 10:56:23 pm by Julian, the BELOVED »
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #7273 on: August 12, 2016, 08:44:04 am »

It tasted, I guess the best way I can explain it, "darker" or "thicker" than KBS. VERY similar to the bells expedition stout but maybe a little more "coffee creamer"-y than that. Less bourbons than KBS but still obviously super strong. Felt like a meal on its own. A second one (especially at $17/per) was probably a poor decision.

$17 per bottle?? I can hear Space shitting himself from here.

« Reply #7274 on: August 12, 2016, 09:09:49 am »
$17 per bottle?? I can hear Space shitting himself from here.
He can take solace that that was the happy hour price and after 7pm it would've been $18.50.

If I had the choice between a 6 pack of Expedition Stout at $18.99 or a four-pack of this at $24.99 (which appears to be the MSRP), I would take the Expedition Stout. I didn't think it was *that* much different/better. I sort of felt indebted to try it when the owner texted me specifically that it had come in.
LVMH