Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241501 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7815 on: January 04, 2017, 05:45:43 pm »
=q

walkie,talkie

Yada

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7818 on: January 05, 2017, 11:56:44 am »
It wasn't a bottle share, so it wasn't a contest to bring anything rare, but Stella and Blue Moon? That's not even making an effort!

these are the same people who, if asked to bring cheese to a party, would show up with kraft singles and velveeta.
<sig>

« Reply #7819 on: January 05, 2017, 12:09:55 pm »
It wasn't a bottle share, so it wasn't a contest to bring anything rare, but Stella and Blue Moon? That's not even making an effort!

these are the same people who, if asked to bring cheese to a party, would show up with kraft singles and velveeta.
I had a good friend in college who did that
these girls were always throwing  a "wine and cheese party" and he showed up with MadDog 20/20 and Cheeze Wiz
and they were always gone by the end of the night
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #7820 on: January 05, 2017, 12:18:08 pm »
Big long article on Aslin here. They get into their current state of affairs toward the end of the article.

https://brightestyoungthings.com/articles/tap-takeover-aslin-beer-company

Yada

« Reply #7821 on: January 05, 2017, 12:48:55 pm »
Big long article on Aslin here. They get into their current state of affairs toward the end of the article.

https://brightestyoungthings.com/articles/tap-takeover-aslin-beer-company

I noticed yesterday on social media they were doing "upgrades" at their current location... seems like a waste of time and energy to do upgrades only to move in the very near future.

note: I have not read that article above just yet, so maybe the reasoning is mentioned in there.

Yada

« Reply #7822 on: January 05, 2017, 02:45:55 pm »
and another update right now... i don't get it.

Aslin Beer Company -

Reminder, we will be closed #today for renovations and upgrades. Keep an eye on social media for #tomorrow?s info.

Space Freely

« Reply #7823 on: January 05, 2017, 02:48:39 pm »

Aslin Beer Company -

Reminder, we will be closed #today for renovations and upgrades. Keep an eye on social media for #tomorrow?s info.

Seems the tune changes daily. I think I'm done with Aslin until they either start canning decently priced four or six packs, and/or have a nicer taproom to hang out in and drink a pint.

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #7824 on: January 05, 2017, 03:29:48 pm »
My only experience with Aslin was their clusterf*ck of a bottle release a few weeks ago. Given how much of a schlep it is from my house, I'm waiting until they actually figure out wtf they're doing till I head back down there.

shemptiness

« Reply #7825 on: January 06, 2017, 11:43:59 am »
'This Friday (today), Jailbreak will serve up $5 pints of its latest brew, Ephemeral Volume I. This New England-inspired IPA boasts a medley of tropical fruit, peach, tangerine, and subtle hints of dark pine that is sure to be the winter favorite of hoppy beer lovers.'

shemptiness

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7827 on: January 06, 2017, 05:52:12 pm »

Aslin Beer Company -

Seems the tune changes daily. I think I'm done with Aslin until they either start canning decently priced four or six packs, and/or have a nicer taproom to hang out in and drink a pint.

here's the best story that i've found on the Aslin move: http://www.dcbeer.com/news/aslin-announces-move-herndon-installs-new-brewhouse.  sounds like the city told them one thing, but the fire marshall has different ideas - and his rules override the city's. 

their production should be increased by now thanks to a new brewhouse, so Space: soon it should be easier to get their stuff?
<sig>

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #7829 on: January 07, 2017, 10:47:14 am »
Nice.   I read about that this morning. Interesting concept. Not at all interested in a machine that dispenses their products, tho.