Author Topic: Klaxons. !  (Read 4426 times)

Samantha

Re: Klaxons. !
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 11:07:00 am »
I was impressed, actually!  WSC was disappointing since I'd heard so many good things and they turned out to be sort of frightening, but the Klaxons put on a good show, even though it wasn't really my sort of thing.  Quality entertainment.  My sister really enjoyed it, she's a fan now.  She got a set list so maybe I can post that for you when I get home, if you'd like.

I didn't understand anything they were saying either!  But I think they were excited to be in DC because apparently the crowd was especially good here, and because their tour manager (my ex) is from here.  He'd been totally hyping it, and one of the only parts of the banter I understood was when they said something about their tour manager Simon being from DC.  They went "sightseeing" after the show, I wonder how that went...I hope they weren't disappointed, after how excited they were, HA!

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 11:38:00 am »
Originally posted by Samantha:
  WSC was disappointing since I'd heard so many good things and they turned out to be sort of frightening, but the Klaxons put on a good show, even though it wasn't really my sort of thing.  
Frightening? How so?  I'm just curious because I can think of a lot words both positive and negative that might be used to describe WSC and "frightening" has nver crossed my mind, haha.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 11:45:00 am »
Originally posted by Graace:
  Frightening? How so?  I'm just curious because I can think of a lot words both positive and negative that might be used to describe WSC and "frightening" has nver crossed my mind, haha.
I was about to say the same thing.  WSC was fine last night.  It's a very different vibe to see them as an opener in front of a fairly apathetic crowd.  Their headlining shows are better, but I thought they were still a lot of fun.  Frightening????

Samantha

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 11:49:00 am »
yes.  the frontman looked like he was going to attack someone.

930clubber

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 12:10:00 pm »
i felt klaxons attacked everyone with their opening music -- it was an energetic introduction!

does the lead singer of the wsc not play any instruments but for the avocad

Samantha

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 12:21:00 pm »
it was!  really good vibe.  like I said, it's not even my sort of thing, I wouldn't listen to an album or anything...but I really enjoyed the show!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 01:09:00 pm »
The Bouncer
 Atlantis To Interzone
 Golden Skans
 Forgotten Works
 Totem On A Timeline
 Two Receivers
 Isle Of Her
 As Above, So Below
 Gravity's Rainbow
 Magick
 It's Not Over

Encore
 4 Horsemen of 2012

That's from my head, but I'm sure it's off.
‼‼?‼‼

930clubber

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 01:11:00 pm »
agreed, great vibe! shows like this need to be asterisked on the schedule.

Kokui1

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 02:03:00 pm »
BRILLIANT SHOW! I had a BLAST at the Klaxons gig last night! The energy around the stage was almost Muse-like.

Hope they come back to DC in the near future. . .

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 03:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by Samantha:
  yes.  the frontman looked like he was going to attack someone.
AHAHAHA you just made my day.  

he used to play guitar but then they got another guitar player so he stopped ish.