Author Topic: spoon voucher  (Read 4506 times)

MonkeyPants

Re: spoon voucher
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2007, 01:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by Tom Servo:
  I have to say, though, that I was completely shocked that the place wasn't full.  You had 2 days worth of original 9:30 tickets, plus those that had vouchers from the Merriweather show.  My only thought was that maybe a lot of people decided to go see the Shins then didn't want to do 2 weeknight shows in a row.  Crazy.  

I think they only sold 600 tickets for both original shows, and I'm sure some people who bought tickets for Monday couldn't go on Tuesday.  Also, I'm not sure how many people who had just regular tickets for the Merriwether show knew that they could also go to the 9:30 show.  I think mostly the original 600 club show ticket holders were the ones mostly in the know.  But I, too, was surprised that the show was not packed.

It was a really great show.  I talked to Britt and Jim after the show and they both said that they were happy to do the 9:30 gig and really should have just done the two club shows as originally planned.

Oh and Metal Detektor was originally on the setlist as song 4, but it was crossed off.
PANTS