Author Topic: dig-the movie  (Read 1432 times)

rigsby

dig-the movie
« on: November 05, 2004, 09:21:00 am »
dig 9pm saturday on the sundance chanel
 ondi timoners seven year chronicle shows the relationship between two bands, the brain jonestown massacre and the dandy warhols.

bellenseb

Re: dig-the movie
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 10:31:00 am »
I have to say this movie was a bit of a disappointment for me, after hearing a lot of hype. I suppose if you already liked these bands it would be pretty entertaining, but as a non-fan I found it pretty dull. Results may vary.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 10:38:00 am »
Originally posted by bellenseb:
  I have to say this movie was a bit of a disappointment for me, after hearing a lot of hype. I suppose if you already liked these bands it would be pretty entertaining, but as a non-fan I found it pretty dull. Results may vary.
Huge BJM fan....looking fwd. to it.

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 10:40:00 am »
Did anybody see Sideways? The previews looked awful, but the critics love it, so we're giving it a chance.

Guiny

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 10:43:00 am »
"The Grudge" was really good.

rigsby

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 11:17:00 am »
the grudge? i saw the sarah gellar movie the grudge and it sucked, not as bad as saw.
 if anyone likes sarah gellar they wont after seeing her run in the grudge, she runs like a retard with rocks in his shoes and poop in his pants, not pretty.

Guiny

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 11:51:00 am »
Originally posted by rigsby:
  the grudge? i saw the sarah gellar movie the grudge and it sucked, not as bad as saw.
 if anyone likes sarah gellar they wont after seeing her run in the grudge, she runs like a retard with rocks in his shoes and poop in his pants, not pretty.
Figures, a board member not liking what the majority of people liked.

Jaguär

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 11:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

Originally posted by rigsby:
Figures, a board member not liking what the majority of people liked. [/b]
Rob, you would make a good German Sheppard.   :roll:

npetting

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2004, 01:23:00 am »
For BJM fans, DIG! is very good, much more so if you're a fan of the Dandy's too.  The movie runs a little long for my liking but Anton's antics never end and that sort of redeems the film.  It's amazing to see how such an absolutely insane guy can make such amazing music.

mustourdman

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2004, 08:03:00 pm »
Didn't know much about BJM going in, but I've always liked the Dandys, so Dig! was worth the $9 or whatever I paid. The diretcor keeps trying to frame the idea as two intertwined bands looking to find a larger audience, one working within "the system" of the music industry and the other one working outside of it. But BJM's Anton is just too farking out of control to be anywhere near the system.

His bi-polar dick-ishness and indie pretension make him hard to like no matter how talented he is. Maybe he was playing for the camera, but I don't think so.

Anyway, it was an interesting movie. For anyone familiar with BJM, does the tambourine guy do anything else? Sing? Play other instruments? He was the second most entertaining guy in the band, but from what I could tell he really didn't add anything to the band and was probably only a drag on the nightly cut, of $$$ and drugs.