Author Topic: Creative Nomad MP3 players  (Read 3610 times)

ratioci nation

Re: Creative Nomad MP3 players
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2004, 01:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by chaz:
  Not heard anything about ipods supporting flac files, but 192kbps aac's and mp3's are more than good enough for me.

I still know a few folks with 1st gen ipods but I dont think they really started to fly off the shelves til 2nd gen....that's why you don't see too many 1st gen.
I know a couple of people 1st gen ipods as well, no problems, including markie who uses my 1st gen ipod with no problems.  I have even dropped my newer one a bunch because thats the kind of thing I do and it is fine.

Jaguär

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2004, 12:09:00 am »
Originally posted by DrOwnage:
  Yes, my Nomad Zen Xtra 30gig works fine in my car.  I purchased a FM transmitter that plugs into the phone jack of my MP3 player and it transmits the info to my car FM stereo.  It has a broadcast range of 70 ft and can be on any FM station.  So, when you're pissed off in commuter traffic and want to mess with other people, you can pirate radio all you want and they have to listen to your music.

Oh, this could be so much fun! I'd have to load up some songs that I maybe don't even like that much just for some real fun in traffic.

You know what would be great? Get a whole load of people with these, tune it into HFS and drive around the HFS studios playing anything but what they program. We could even get really synchronized with a playlist so that the same songs would play pretty much at the same time.

You've just energized the little devil in me.    :p  

BTW, I love the C Crane Co. They have some nice stuff. I got my portable radio from them years ago.

azaghal1981

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2004, 12:50:00 am »
Not a huge dead fan but I do collect phish shows. I also listen to many other bands that allow audience and soundboard taping. Any Claypool project for instance, tons of other jambands and other bands and artists that allow it. Allowing taping isn't as rare as you think. Run some sort of internet search on bands that permit taping; you'd be surprised.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2004, 01:04:00 am »
Here's a pretty complete list of bands that allows taping/trading.
 http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-band-showall.php
احمد

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2004, 08:58:00 am »
Yeah I know taping is commonly allowed, but prolific mostly in the jam-band scene.

Just don't talk about the jam-band thing around here too much - unless you want redsock to get Mideval on your ass. :D

azaghal1981

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2004, 12:29:00 pm »
Yeah I've experienced that a bit already. ;-)
احمد

redsock

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2004, 12:52:00 pm »
  Yeah I know taping is commonly allowed, but prolific mostly in the jam-band scene.

Just don't talk about the jam-band thing around here too much - unless you want redsock to get Mideval on your ass.  :D  
Not to worry, I've been quietly counting the number of times the "j" word has been used in this thread. It hasn't quite reached the level of Orange alert, when I am forced to police the board and eradicate all that is jammy.

Besides, recording live shows is a great thing, no matter who does it.

Bags

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2004, 02:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:

Not heard anything about ipods supporting flac files, but 192kbps aac's and mp3's are more than good enough for me.

I still know a few folks with 1st gen ipods but I dont think they really started to fly off the shelves til 2nd gen....that's why you don't see too many 1st gen.
I know a couple of people 1st gen ipods as well, no problems, including markie who uses my 1st gen ipod with no problems.  I have even dropped my newer one a bunch because thats the kind of thing I do and it is fine. [/b]
I still have and use my 1st gen 20 GB.  Works fine, I've never had a problem, don't know how the touch wheel is supposed to screw up, but mine is golden.  Wish I had 40 GB, but I'm not upgrading 'til the current one dies.