Author Topic: Josh Rouse, 1972  (Read 3840 times)

markie

Re: Josh Rouse, 1972
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2003, 11:10:00 am »
Originally posted by jadetree:

Are you saying Bon Jovi did? [/b][/QUOTE]

no he is a formulaic popster.

Do you always answer a question with a question, in order to mask any real opinion, you may, or may not, have?

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2003, 11:11:00 am »
But if you look hard enough, there is that 2% of new music that is released that is actually good. And as usual, little of it gets played on mainstream radio, so most people aren't going to hear it.

I would tend to agree with you on your point regarding children and sports.

Originally posted by mankie:

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:

why does 98% of all music released today suck? who told some of these people that they were talented? is it their schoolteachers who told them how brilliant they were rather than being honest with them?
Rhett, you're beginning to sound more like me everyday my man....just thought you'd better hear it from me rather than your friends.   ;)  

On the same theme, what's going to happen to sports when these kids that now have to play games were there's no loser because they want "positive reinforcement and encouragement" grow up? IMHO it's much more important to learn how to be a good loser than it is to learn how to be a winner. Maybe we're seeing the beginnings of it with steroid use and cheating etc. [/b]

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2003, 11:15:00 am »
I've never felt the need for my music to have an "air of danger". Thats sounds like another cliche from some unauthorized biography of some moron punk musician.
    I actually like my parents, and thought it was cool when our tastes overlapped. I hope our future kid will have enough taste to avoid "dangerous" bands like Good Charlotte or Michelle Branch that his/her parents will detest.

Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:

Do you really still believe this cliched question?

In a naive way, yes. not that it affected my life my dad loved elvis and my mum the beatles. I am still in favour of my dad.

but back in their day rock really was music your parents wouldnt like, thats when it was most interesting and had an air of danger.... [/b]

ggw

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2003, 11:18:00 am »
 I hope our future kid will have enough taste to avoid "dangerous" bands like Good Charlotte or Michelle Branch that his/her parents will detest.

Rhett Jr will be down with fiddy cent.  Yo.

jadetree

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2003, 11:19:00 am »
Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:

Do you always answer a question with a question, in order to mask any real opinion, you may, or may not, have?
No I don't, but your question made no sense to me, when did I ever say Elvis did not change anything.  You said rock music was dangerous when parents did not like it, I was saying that is not true.

markie

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2003, 11:20:00 am »

I actually like my parents, and thought it was cool when our tastes overlapped.  
snap.

dont most people rebel against their parents, at least at some point. Isn't that to do with defining your own personality?

My parents were pretty liberal, I had little reason to rebel, then I left home at 18 anyway.

ggw

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2003, 11:22:00 am »
Does anyone else now picture Anton's father as Colm Meaney in The Commitments?

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2003, 11:27:00 am »
I dunno...as a teacher and as a former student, I saw plenty of students who were happy to be carbon copies of their parents. For some it was a good thing, for others it wasn't.

lily1

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2003, 01:41:00 pm »
that's my plan. sometimes live makes the cds much more listenable after.

Originally posted by chknfngrs:
  he's much better live. go see him in october at the cat.

bungle bud

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2003, 07:09:00 pm »
leona naess is co headlining so im going  :p