Author Topic: Travis  (Read 5649 times)

BLACKSTORM

Re: Travis
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2007, 04:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  Totally! After that, they watered down too much. I still like the Man Who just fine, but Good Feeling is their best. Anyone see them when they opened for Oasis at the Patriot Center?
I was there and it was a great show. I think that they lost a little something since then. The lastest album is better but not great.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2007, 07:10:00 pm »
no hit me baby one more time?!?!?  rip-off!
OU812

lily1

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2007, 12:16:00 am »
why is it that at each travis show, it always feels like they mush more people in there than at other sold out shows? i was so tight like a sardine in a can that i couldn't even raise my arms to clap! i even moved and it was the same thing. sardines!

good show. always enjoyable. though was rather a big sing along for at least half of the show.

and thankfully no peace the f out! actually looks like they followed the nyc set list nearly entirely, with the addition of "back in black" at end of tonight's show.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2007, 12:18:00 am »
strong performance tonight, above-average crowd (not too chatty, slightly older... coincidence?).  these guys have excellent stage presence and the banter was funnny and effective.  you can really tell those guys love what they do.  the highlight for me was "the grass is always greener on the other side" - sounded amazing.  fran's voice on "battleships" was really strong (except for the last chorus, started to give out - understandable, it's a tough song to pull off).  the band kicked off the show by walking in through the crowd wearing boxer's silk robes, to the theme from rocky over the PA - kinda corny, but started things off in a light-hearted mood.  andy climbed up the PA stack to the balcony for his solo on "all i want to do is rock" but barely made it up there, i was afraid he was going to fall at any point (kinda of an anti-climactic solo, too).  the show ran a little under two hours.  finished off with "back in black" - pure class      :)
<sig>

frenjr

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 10:52:00 am »
great show and lots of "good feelings." I did not care for the "Klaus" chanting and the morons who kept yelling "Hit me baby one more time", but Travis was outstanding. Only negaitive towards the show was Fran did not seem to be able to hit all the high notes in "Writing to Reach You".

Also, it was really nice to see them continue the show after Fran got zapped by the mic. Most bands would have called off the show at that point. I guarentee the tour manager blew a gasket when that happened.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2007, 12:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  strong performance tonight, above-average crowd (not too chatty, slightly older... coincidence?).  these guys have excellent stage presence and the banter was funnny and effective.  you can really tell those guys love what they do.  the highlight for me was "the grass is always greener on the other side" - sounded amazing.  fran's voice on "battleships" was really strong (except for the last chorus, started to give out - understandable, it's a tough song to pull off).  the band kicked off the show by walking in through the crowd wearing boxer's silk robes, to the theme from rocky over the PA - kinda corny, but started things off in a light-hearted mood.  andy climbed up the PA stack to the balcony for his solo on "all i want to do is rock" but barely made it up there, i was afraid he was going to fall at any point (kinda of an anti-climactic solo, too).  the show ran a little under two hours.  finished off with "back in black" - pure class       :)  
just as an FYI - there is no song called "the grass is always greener"... its side!  :)  

and the reason they had selfish jean x2 is because dmitri from jon stewart's show was there, performing the video he made for the song. if you can find it on youtube, (check for the sunday show) its quite clever, if not terribly silly. besides fran loved it. and klaus was pretty awesome.
HeyLa

Vas Deferens

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2007, 12:44:00 pm »
xneverwherex has 9 concert dates in a row per her myspace profile!!
(_|_)

eros

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2007, 12:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by RWS:
  the morons who kept yelling "Hit me baby one more time
I was the moron who yelled for "Back in Black",  but I'm vindicated since they actually played it!

Great show, they never disappoint.  It's nice to see a band who actually looks like they are having a great time on stage and love what they are doing (are you listening Billy Corgan?).
ʎɐʍou

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2007, 01:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by wanderlust featuring j. marshmallow:
  xneverwherex has 9 concert dates in a row per her myspace profile!!
seriously!?! thats funny. im glad some of us pay attention. i just pull out my nifty calendar and check to see where ill be and when. but yeah i guess that sounds about right. im a bit more embarrassed you actually pointed that out.

shout out louds tonight! oh yeah!
HeyLa

nslesinger

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2007, 01:27:00 pm »
does anybody have a set list for last night's show?