Author Topic: emusic.com  (Read 2771 times)

Bags

Re: emusic.com
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2006, 02:59:00 pm »
So what Ted Leo album do I get??

ratioci nation

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2006, 03:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
1- Hearts of Oak
 2- The Tyranny Of Distance
 3- Shake The Sheets
 4- Tell Balgeary, Balgury Is Dead
 5- Treble In Trouble

99- the first ted leo and pharmacists album

BookerT

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2006, 03:02:00 pm »
the first six songs from "tyranny of distance" and the first six songs from "hearts of oak" plus "tell balgeary, balgury is dead."

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2006, 03:08:00 pm »
You ever notice that Ted Leo sometimes sounds like an overexcited leprauchan? I'd love to her him do a version of the Lucky Charms theme song.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2006, 05:01:00 pm »
Can you scan their library without actually joining up just to see what they have?? I would like to see what's available from Cherry Red,SST,etc........Leading shareholder Kosmo,anyone,......what's the deal?.....

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2006, 05:12:00 pm »
I'm sure kosmov will tell you where in their vast library you should stick it.

joeavrage

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2006, 07:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jonas Grumby:
  Can you scan their library without actually joining up just to see what they have?? I would like to see what's available from Cherry Red,SST,etc........Leading shareholder Kosmo,anyone,......what's the deal?.....
From the homepage - which sends you to the promo offer if you don't have a cookie on your computer saying that you're a member - click 'log in', and then click the 'browse' tab on the next page.

EDIT: or  link

mrpee

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2006, 07:24:00 pm »
Luv luv luv it, too. Even if I am only a jr. Thanx Hoya for the tip, those 1-track albums are like, incredible. Might be a good thread---fav e download o' the month.

thirsty moore

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2006, 08:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by BookerT:
 the first six songs from "tyranny of distance" and the first six songs from "hearts of oak" plus "tell balgeary, balgury is dead."
I'm happy to read someone else thinks this.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2006, 11:48:00 am »
The UK's Ella Guru is not my favorite recent download it's just a great discovery.  Often compared to Lambchop...  I'm also doing the DJ nod to the Computerman EP released by Must Destroy Music.  In fact mucho UK indie material is being added via the Vital PIAS service.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 09:29:00 am »
more great news on the eMusic front

http://www.theorchard.com/news/tomembers_021306.php

The Orchard To Digitize the Best Rare Vinyl For First-Ever Digital Release

Orchard Commissions World's Foremost Audio Designers To Build Landmark Transcription Platform

"Digital Wax" Program Provides Orchard-Distributed Labels With Archival-Quality Digital Masters Of Out-Of-Print Gems For The First Time

<snip>

The initial Orchard-distributed labels participating in the program include SST, Delicious Vinyl, Lookout! Records, In the Red, Amphetamine Reptile, and Bizarre/Straight. The newly mastered vinyl releases will begin appearing in March in digital music stores worldwide, including eMusic, iTunes, Napster, Real/Rhapsody, MSN, Yahoo!/Musicmatch and over 70 others under the moniker "When It Was Wax." The service is free to Orchard labels.
T.Rex