Author Topic: Rams Head Live... whats its like?  (Read 2571 times)

Sir HC

Re: Rams Head Live... whats its like?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 02:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by Tee:

SoundSpecs

Gads, they have a PM5D and outboard graphics?  Redundant.  Seems they are underamped for the monitors, I have to assume some are not even biamped.

PigIron

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 04:20:00 pm »
I've only seen a couple of shows there but didn't think it was bad at all.  Didn't notice poor sound and didn't have a hard time seeing the stage - although the place is strangely shaped as mentioned.  I don't recall the prices being really high.  I do recall beer being easy to get - bars seem very accessible, especially the restaurant/bar off to the side.  Frat boys are not a problem here or anywhere unless you go to see a frat boy show.  Actually, I saw the Roots here and the frat boys were almost entirely absent - which was different that the 9:30 shows.  Scene outside is a different story but I didn't stick around.

bobcat1

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 04:31:00 pm »
Very clean, in good shape room. The stage is high but the good thing about it is when it's a packed house you can still see everything....sometimes at 930 I can't see shit if I'm in the back or someone is taller than me. Even when their shows are sold out, it doesn't feel as crowded as 930 Club. You can eat dinner in the adjoining Rams Head Tavern part b4 the show. As for the sound...it's usually good if the room is full...I've seen a variety of acts there...Brazilian Girls, Anthrax, W.A.S.P., Secret Machines, Gin Blossoms, & more...the sound has been fine/good for all those shows. If you're up close, the stage is too high....good if you're in the back. Doesn't get too hot in there either if it's crowded. Easy to get a drink & get back to your spot on the floor.