Author Topic: The Raconteurs... A little help, please?  (Read 6856 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: The Raconteurs... A little help, please?
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2008, 12:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by DeathFromAbove1979:

Originally posted by mdendas:
  What did they go for face value, i had trouble and then was out of time...seeing on Craigs for 125 a piece....any suggestions....?
Rewind about a year and start posting on these boards then so you'll become a regular and ask around here for tickets. Realistically, the closer to the show date the lower the prices go ebcause people just want money back for them. If not Im sure there will be people outside of the club selling em. But not for 40$. [/b]
Actually the club does its damn best to ensure that ANY ticket sales that go on outside the club are at face value.  I have witnessed a trasnaction take place over face and it was 'suggested' to the seller that he return the amount over face value to the purchaser.  The consequences of making the undesired choice were sufficient that the seller, while whining about the situation, promptly returned the amount in question.
FUKIT

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2008, 12:46:00 pm »
gawd i love the 930 club
<sig>

Bags

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2008, 01:46:00 pm »
Yeah, I have to note that I find shows like this -- that sell out so incredibly fast -- are the ones for which you can get tickets (for face) later.  Reason being, folks get all pumped for the sale and buy as many tickets as they are allowed, and then as showtime nears they don't have 4 people to go.  

I know the Pogues shows didn't sell out this fast, but they did sell out, and you couldn't GIVE tickets away outside the club the night of the show.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2008, 02:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by RatBastard:

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove1979:

Originally posted by mdendas:
  What did they go for face value, i had trouble and then was out of time...seeing on Craigs for 125 a piece....any suggestions....?
Rewind about a year and start posting on these boards then so you'll become a regular and ask around here for tickets. Realistically, the closer to the show date the lower the prices go ebcause people just want money back for them. If not Im sure there will be people outside of the club selling em. But not for 40$. [/b]
Actually the club does its damn best to ensure that ANY ticket sales that go on outside the club are at face value.  I have witnessed a trasnaction take place over face and it was 'suggested' to the seller that he return the amount over face value to the purchaser.  The consequences of making the undesired choice were sufficient that the seller, while whining about the situation, promptly returned the amount in question. [/b]
I guess I should start giving that a shot at sold out shows then...
‼‼?‼‼

Darth Ed

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2008, 02:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  thanks to mr. marshmellow's fleet fingers, i have a 4-pack to wednesday's show.  me + a buddy, one for darth ed...
Woo hoo! Thanks, sweetcell (and j. marshmallow)! Wednesday turns out to be just perfect for me. Someone else offered me a ticket for Tuesday, so I'm all set! Sweetcell, I'll send you a PM shortly to arrange the details.

Originally posted by RatBastard:
  BTW Darth, was the fucker guilty?
Well, thankfully, I didn't get selected to be on a jury this time. Kind of big annoyance, but that's the price we pay for citizenship and a judicial system that is "fair and on the record" (unless you're an enemy combatant in Guantanamo, but they don't count really).

Cali

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2008, 02:39:00 pm »
i served on a jury once and i hope i dont have to do it again. it's very hard to send someone to jail b/c you always wonder if you chose the correct sentence. was it too harsh or not harsh enough.

heather

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2008, 10:04:00 am »
please PM me sometime in the next few days if you want tix.  i have 3 for tuesday, 2 for wednesday.  if i don't hear from any of you by early next week, i'm gonna dump 'em elsewhere.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2008, 10:42:00 am »
heather, thanks for helping out with tickets.  seems like we might have over-estimated demand from board regulars (i still have an extra for wednesday).  on the upside it means that folks probably got them on their own, so everyone's set.
<sig>

heather

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2008, 11:13:00 am »
oh, of course... and no big deal.  as long as everyone's set, i'm glad.  if i thought i'd have any trouble selling extras, i wouldn't have taken the risk  :)

looks like my friend is dragging me along for the wednesday show afterall.