Author Topic: The Raconteurs... A little help, please?  (Read 6855 times)

Darth Ed

The Raconteurs... A little help, please?
« on: April 01, 2008, 09:57:00 pm »
I almost assuredly have jury duty on Thursday, so I won't be online at 10:00am. Is there anyone here who would be willing to buy ticket(s) for The Raconteurs for me while I'm off doing my civic duty? Preferably someone nice and very reliable. I'd like one ticket for each night, if possible, but I'll gladly take just one if that's all you can get. I'm willing to cover all ticket surcharges, yours included, for this favor. The e-mail doesn't say, but I suppose there will likely be a limit on the number of tickets each person can purchase, so if you're purchasing tickets as well, please take that into consideration before volunteering. Please PM me if you can help! Thanks in advance!

Re: The Raconteurs... A little help, please?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 10:11:00 pm »
I figured you'd at least offer someone a bj for that kind of favor.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 10:18:00 pm »
gawd, I'm sick of Jack White's voice. And this new Raconteurs album is mediocre as HELL. I'd rather listen to fucken Def Leppard.
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 11:01:00 pm »
ed, i'll help you out if i can.  i'm going to try grabbing as many tix as i can.  if i can get more than 2, your name is one one of the extras.  i'm also trying for both nights.

i suspect this show is going to be heavily scalped.  i've been inspired by a radiohead board i've been hanging out on recently, where some folks grab as many presale tickets as they can - then immediately make them available to other board regulars.  folks even buy tickets for shows they're not going to attend, if only to keep them away from scalpers.  i think that's pretty damn cool.

so, if you can, i'd encourage folks to grab the max # of tickets for the raconteurs and make them available to regulars on this board.  i'm sure the recipient of your largess will keep you supplied in beverages at the show (hint hint ed)... and who knows when you'll need help with a ticket.
<sig>

Darth Ed

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 11:37:00 pm »
Thanks, sweetcell. You rock! Here's hoping the limit is higher than two per person....

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 08:56:00 am »
Post of the week!

Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
  gawd, I'm sick of Jack White's voice. And this new Raconteurs album is mediocre as HELL. I'd rather listen to fucken Def Leppard.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 11:17:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Post of the week!

Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
[/b]
z0mg Im sick of jack whites voice yet I still got the new Raconteurs album so I can bitch about it z0mg u guyz dont lissin z0mg.

Get over it. Some people dig it.

"Many Shades of Black" is amazing.

I agree with buying the most amount of tickets, Im gonna do my best to grab a pair for each night but Im not too sure how much of a clusterfuck its gonna be for this show.

So if people grab a couple spares Id like to call preemptive dibs. Please, of course.
‼‼?‼‼

heather

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 11:28:00 am »
i seem to recall reading (just announced?) that presale tix were will call only.  do you imagine ALL tickets are will call?  although i have no intention of going to these shows, i like the idea of limiting scalpers/hooking up boardies, and i'm feeling generous.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 12:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by DeathFromAbove1979:
 I agree with buying the most amount of tickets, Im gonna do my best to grab a pair for each night but Im not too sure how much of a clusterfuck its gonna be for this show.

So if people grab a couple spares Id like to call preemptive dibs. Please, of course.
uh, if you agree with buying the most, why are you only going to buy a pair?  i'm hoping that the limit per person is at least 4...

and FYI: if i do have extras to share with others, "preemptive dibs" will count for diddley squat    :)  

Originally posted by heather:
  i seem to recall reading (just announced?) that presale tix were will call only.  do you imagine ALL tickets are will call?  although i have no intention of going to these shows, i like the idea of limiting scalpers/hooking up boardies, and i'm feeling generous.
interesting question... the club did all will-call for the pumpkins, so there is precedent.  and thanks for helping out, heather!
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 02:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove1979:

uh, if you agree with buying the most, why are you only going to buy a pair?  i'm hoping that the limit per person is at least 4...

and FYI: if i do have extras to share with others, "preemptive dibs" will count for diddley squat     :)  

[/b]
Because I can only buy 4, 2 for each night, for myself because Im pretty broke and literally have enough for 4 tickets with charges and some change.

No preemptive dibs  :(
‼‼?‼‼

Bags

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 09:58:00 am »
Do folks here really think two nights of the Raconteurs is going to sell out lickety split???

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 10:00:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:
  Do folks here really think two nights of the Raconteurs is going to sell out lickety split???
Fuck yes. My hearts pounding. I need theset ickets.
‼‼?‼‼

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 10:06:00 am »
I just got two for each night.  Was not as difficult as some ticket sales have been.  Got 1st night right off the bat.  Had to click a few extra times for the 2nd night.  I did buy a set for both nights but I wont know until the end of next week if I can attend both nights or not.  If I can't I'll get the tickets for the night I cannot go to a board regular.
FUKIT

Bags

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 10:06:00 am »
Well, it did take me four attempts to get in (got an error message that a large volume of activity prevented tickets.com from processing my order), but I got tickets for the second show.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 10:07:00 am »
Yeah same message I got for a couple of clicks.  Now however it says tickets not available in the quantity you selected.
FUKIT