Author Topic: Philly and NYC concert listings?  (Read 2374 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: Philly and NYC concert listings?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 04:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by SalParadise:
  just check out xneverwherex's myspace page. she goes to every single concert in nyc. i'm serious.
hahaah! youre funny. oh did you see - i updated it with a ton more shows im going to! i found even more local bands i need to see and have limited myself to no life, unless you count going to shows my life.

see ya at barcade. i plan on kickin your and olivers ass tomorrow! im THAT good.   :D  

when i have a tues free - we're doing some trivia in brooklyn!
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 04:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
 Hopefully you will be closer to the former
ding ding ding.  as a former NYC'er, and based on a the worse 24 hours of my life spent in newark, i'm not a big fan of new jersey - but i'm told that princeton is quite nice as far as NJ goes.  it'll be an opportunity to broaden my horizons.  yeah.
<sig>

eltee

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 04:33:00 pm »
There are a few small clubs in Jersey that seem to get a few shows (names escape me). Also a friend mentioned a particular neighborhood the community has cleaned up and it's full of art and music.
 Don't forget Tweeter center for the large shows. You'll be fine. Where have you been checking for shows since you've been here? I think you are more connected than you think...Just now, you have to look for different cities with DC being secondary. Consider yourself lucky you are still on the east coast with a variety of venues, which makes show hopping easier.
 If you're up for the drive or take the train, you can explore beyond NYC / Philly. Would shows in in Jersey (Atlantic City), State College (PA) or Manayunk (PA) be too out of reach?

tigersscareme

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 12:56:00 pm »
princeton is a crazy awesome town.

here are some resources:

the city paper: www.citypaper.com
 there's another alt weekly called the welcomat i think.

this seems like a good on-line resource:
 http://www.tibconcerts.com/philadelphia-concert-tickets.html

and then, my personal fave: 103.3 WPRB princeton's radio station (i was a DJ there once upon a time) www.wprb.com has concert calendars and stuff.

lily1

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 01:25:00 pm »
another suggestion for philly:

keep a list of all the live music venues there so you know to keep an eye on their calenders. i would include:

world cafe live (they do regular night concerts and occasional live broadcast lunch time shows)
 northstar bar (what a great bar too. the staff call you taxis since its kinda sorta in an out of the way location for public transport)
 theatre of living arts (evil clear channel owned)
 electric factory (evil clear channel owned)
 tin angel
 wachovia center
 tweeter center/camden
 beacon theatre/upper darby

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 03:39:00 pm »
you guys are fuckin' awesome  :)   thanks everyone.  off for vacation, back in a few weeks.
<sig>

tigersscareme

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2007, 04:34:00 pm »
whoops. i mean www.citypaper.net

.com is balto's.

bull930

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 12:11:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
  another suggestion for philly:

keep a list of all the live music venues there so you know to keep an eye on their calenders. i would include:

world cafe live (they do regular night concerts and occasional live broadcast lunch time shows)
 northstar bar (what a great bar too. the staff call you taxis since its kinda sorta in an out of the way location for public transport)
 theatre of living arts (evil clear channel owned)
 electric factory (evil clear channel owned)
 tin angel
 wachovia center
 tweeter center/camden
 beacon theatre/upper darby
anyone been to tower theater??? going to see a show in september!