Author Topic: Philly and NYC concert listings?  (Read 2379 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Philly and NYC concert listings?
« on: July 14, 2007, 09:43:00 pm »
what's a good source (preferably online) for keeping up with live music offerings in Philadelphia and/or NYC?  i realize this board does a great job of including those cities, but being a DC/B'more based board not everything makes it on there (nor would i expect it too).

the reason i ask is that i'll be moving to a little town between philly and NYC come mid-august, so my concert fixes will have to come from those two cities.  man, it is REALLY going to suck not living within walking distance of the 930.  i'm definitely hoping to move back some day.  

and no, this doesn't mean you'll get any less of my drivel on this board  :p  (other than the temporary respite for the next 3 weeks as i take off for vacation)
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Philly and NYC concert listings?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 09:47:00 pm »
So I won't be able to procrastinate on buying tickets only to have you sell me yours? Bummer!

bull930

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 09:53:00 pm »
Thank God sweetie is going on a vacation!!! He was being a real bitch!

Vas Deferens

(_|_)

froggylizzard

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 11:29:00 pm »
www.bowerypresents.com and www.brooklynvegan.com are pretty good for NYC.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 11:30:00 pm »
http://www.tourfilter.com

you can get listings for philly, nyc and dc.
nothx

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 11:51:00 pm »
umm, why are ya moving?!  We should have a despedida party  :)

Originally posted by sweetcell:

the reason i ask is that i'll be moving to a little town between philly and NYC come mid-august, so my concert fixes will have to come from those two cities.  
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 12:17:00 am »
girlfriend got into grad school, so off we go.  being a consultant, mobility isn't much of an issue for me - clients everywhere.  

going away party: aww shucks, you're so sweet!   i don't have any plans of the type, let's talk about it in chicago     :p      i am thinking of going out big: my last saturday here is aug 11, and i'm considering double-dipping: Mae w/ As Tall as Lions & Dear and the Headlights (early show at 930) straight into The Cribs + White Rabbits at BC      :eek:
<sig>

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 10:49:00 am »
I'll be in Philly for the next four years, we should meet up at some shows.  I have a whole list of ones I want to go to this fall but I don't have any show buddies yet so I dont want to get too excited about them.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 11:25:00 am »
www.ohmyrockness.com

and just subscribe to email lists of all the nyc venues (or at least the bigger ones). mercury lounge, bowery ballroom, webster hall, the new north 6 (forgot the official name of it) - those are all owned by bowery presents..

then theres irving plaza/fillmore, highline ballroom, hiro ballroom, knitting factory, luna lounge, and maxwells is a great venue (in hoboken).

i know im missing a bunch of the smaller ones - but oh my rockness is comprehensive.

im at nyc shows ALL the time! so say hi if you make it out.
HeyLa

lily1

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 06:35:00 pm »

bnyced0

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 02:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  girlfriend got into grad school, so off we go.  being a consultant, mobility isn't much of an issue for me - clients everywhere.  

going away party: aww shucks, you're so sweet!   i don't have any plans of the type, let's talk about it in chicago       :D

SalParadise

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 02:40:00 pm »
just check out xneverwherex's myspace page. she goes to every single concert in nyc. i'm serious.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 03:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
 If this is the night this happens I'll actually be in town so I'd def be down for a send off, though I don't want my participation in any way to seem as an endorsement for transplating oneself because of a GF's plans....shaky shaky ground, but we'll be here to pick up the pieces if that time bomb explodes on your ass        :D      
thanks buddy.  well, the last LTR i was in fell apart because we couldn't handle the LDR thing, so naturally i'm shying away from trying again.  and as you might have noticed the other night at the post-pumpkins meet-up we're kinda nuts about each other (16 months later).

and no worries, your online indiscretions are safe with me (and undoubtedly with the hundreds of others that read them...     :D   )

and in other news, thanks everyone for the concert listings suggestions.  you've ensured that my addiction will remain well fed.
<sig>

ggw

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2007, 03:36:00 pm »
The only big grad schools between Philly and New York that I can think of are Princeton and Rutgers.  Hopefully you will be closer to the former; because Princeton is a very cool little town -- New Brunswick....not so much.