Author Topic: sean taylor shot  (Read 8584 times)

Re: sean taylor shot
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2007, 10:49:00 am »
Maybe it was targeted, and the intention was to wound, not to kill.

nkotb

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2007, 10:51:00 am »
Or maybe they got a little freaked out when dude started swinging a motherfuckin' machete at their face.  That would most likely cause me to forget my immediate assassination plans and run like hell.  Of course, that would be after soiling my pants.

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Maybe it was targeted, and the intention was to wound, not to kill.

manimtired

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2007, 11:05:00 am »
it will be interesting if/when they catch the person who did this.  ive read that they dont have any leads.  one would think that friends or family would know if he had any major problems with someone.  we shall see...

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2007, 11:08:00 am »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  one would think that friends or family would know if he had any major problems with someone.  we shall see...
snitches get stitches
(o|o)

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2007, 03:14:00 pm »
Report: NFL Had Previously Warned Sean Taylor About Spending Quiet Evenings Alone At Home

[source]

MIAMIâ??Immediately after Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor died from gunshot wounds sustained when an unknown intruder broke into his Florida mansion and assaulted Taylor, NFL officials announced that they had warned the Pro Bowler against indulging in such risky behavior as sleeping quietly in his own home. "We communicated to Mr. Taylor several times that his lifestyle, including his insistence on living in a high-crime city and associating with such known troublemakers as NFL players, was potentially dangerous," a statement from the league's legal department read in part. "Although we are greatly saddened by Mr. Taylor's death, we feel we have lived up to our responsibilities in this matter." Following the announcement of Taylor's death, spokesmen for the league reached out to all NFL players and warned them of the risks of doing absolutely anything whatsoever.
nothx

manimtired

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2007, 03:26:00 pm »

walkonby

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2007, 03:31:00 pm »
what happened to the good old days when football players just did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g8cwPZ6Q0A

shemptiness

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2007, 09:57:00 pm »
So it does sound like he was targeted because he was a rich NFL player.  From what I've read it seems the neighborhood consists of older, retired folks.  The storm shutters were down, so maybe they assumed nobody was home.  So, a botched robbery by young, stupid kids.

vansmack

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2007, 10:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by Shemp:
   The storm shutters were down, so maybe they assumed nobody was home.  So, a botched robbery by young, stupid kids.
I'm not at that conclusion just yet.  If you think no one is home and someone is home, you run, especially if the bed room door is locked or is blocked.  You don't kick the bedroom door in unless you want a piece of what's behind door number one.

And if you think no one is going to be home, why did you bring a gun?
27>34

manimtired

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2007, 12:54:00 pm »

manimtired

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2007, 07:22:00 pm »