Author Topic: slayer / manson @ merriweather roll call  (Read 2531 times)

biga0u812

Re: slayer / manson @ merriweather roll call
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 03:07:00 pm »
I dont understand how Marylin Manson could be on the same tour as the almighty Slayer.Thats the reason i didnt go to this show. Manson is  horrible and then u have his gerbang fans running around with there bondage pants on just horrible

PigIron

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 09:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by biga0u812:
  I dont understand how Marylin Manson could be on the same tour as the almighty Slayer.Thats the reason i didnt go to this show. Manson is  horrible and then u have his gerbang fans running around with there bondage pants on just horrible
I'm seeing this show tomorrow.  Slayer could play with anyone and I'll buck up for a ticket.  Best live band in the world - and I'm by no means a big metal fan, but damn, they are a great live band.  Marilyn Manson and Marilyn Manson fans are fine with me.  His show will be a nice cool down period after the entire amphitheater is crushed by the sweet sounds of Slayer.

Guiny

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 09:22:00 am »
One of the best 9:30 shows I've ever been to was Slayer a few years back.

tigersscareme

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 09:55:00 am »
awesome. marilyn manson is copping lilly tomlin's schtick from the 70's.

he really can't do anything new.

smakawhat

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 10:30:00 am »
I saw Slayer during the Extreme Steel Tour (Pantera, Static-x, Morbid Angel, Skrape).. they never fail to impress even if you may not be that big of a fan... they are just a full out assault!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 01:03:00 am »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:
 about 8 years ago when i was at a slayer show
wouldn't that have made you like 10 at the time? wtf were you doing at a slayer show at that age?
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 01:15:00 am »
Originally posted by tigers scare me:
  awesome. marilyn manson is copping lilly tomlin's schtick from the 70's.

he really can't do anything new.
At the show I turned to my friend and said "Damn Edith Ann has changed!"...
FUKIT

bearman🐻

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 04:48:00 pm »
Saw the show last night in San Diego. Have to say that I prefer Manson (I know, blasphemy to many of you) but he truly kicked ass. Slayer was good, but I really wanted to like them more than I did. They're full-on aggression, but Manson is a rock star and he puts on a proper rock show. That being said, it's probably unfair to compare the two. They're totally different. Glad I got to see Slayer though. Love the bar/lounge directly to the side of the stage at the San Diego Sports Arena.

distance

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 04:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  Saw the show last night in San Diego. Have to say that I prefer Manson (I know, blasphemy to many of you) but he truly kicked ass. Slayer was good, but I really wanted to like them more than I did. They're full-on aggression, but Manson is a rock star and he puts on a proper rock show. That being said, it's probably unfair to compare the two. They're totally different. Glad I got to see Slayer though. Love the bar/lounge directly to the side of the stage at the San Diego Sports Arena.
more importantly, was there any underaged drinking going on?

bearman🐻

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2007, 05:21:00 pm »
HA!! Not that I could tell, but then again, I've wasted so many brain cells on this trip that I wouldn't even be able to spot an underage drinker.