Author Topic: Nick Cave Show sale date?  (Read 4140 times)

Aphex

Re: Nick Cave Show sale date?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 06:10:00 pm »
Yes, it does look pretty sweet.  And just think, he has six months until he gets here...grumble.

SPARX

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 01:16:00 am »
Originally posted by Samantha:
  I can't decide whether or not to get these.  I really have to, don't I?  So should I get two and hope to find a date?  ugh.
If you find yourself with an extra, I'm sure we can work something out. It's looking mighty worthy of a venture out of the hills for this one. Really diggin the new one alot. saintangelsin, I live within 15 minutes of your hometown. Been bookin shows there for awhile. Wouldn't leave it for nothin. I'm sidin with Walkonby on that one. Too much hassle with the city on a regular basis. Y'all got more patience than I to put up with that nonsense everyday. Just sayin   ;)

azaghal1981

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 01:01:00 am »
I'm downloading 5/7 right now. Similar setlist to the one posted above for the most part with a slightly different arrangement.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 02:03:00 am »
And the recording sounds like shit. Weak.

Edit: gets a lot better almost 3 songs in.

Can upload if anyone's interested.
احمد

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 03:46:00 am »
That setlist really is amazing!

I really want Love Letter, Let the Bells Ring, Brompton Oratory, and/or Do You Love Me? at one of the shows I see in October. He mixes his sets up really well when he tours, which I *LOVE*.

Dig, Lazarus Dig! is phenomenal, btw.
Woof.

saintangelsin

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:
 saintangelsin, I live within 15 minutes of your hometown. Been bookin shows there for awhile. Wouldn't leave it for nothin. I'm sidin with Walkonby on that one. Too much hassle with the city on a regular basis. Y'all got more patience than I to put up with that nonsense everyday. Just sayin    ;)  
My hometown of Frostburg??? I'm a little confused. I go to University of Maryland for school. But home is in Allegany County Maryland.

And where do you book shows?

SPARX

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 09:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by saintangelsin:

Originally posted by SPARX:
 saintangelsin, I live within 15 minutes of your hometown. Been bookin shows there for awhile. Wouldn't leave it for nothin. I'm sidin with Walkonby on that one. Too much hassle with the city on a regular basis. Y'all got more patience than I to put up with that nonsense everyday. Just sayin      ;)    
My hometown of Frostburg??? I'm a little confused. I go to University of Maryland for school. But home is in Allegany County Maryland.

And where do you book shows? [/b]
Yes, Frostburg. I'm currently in Ft. Ashby via LaVale and ACM and FSU, from Keyser. As for places in Frostburg, Gandalfs was the best. That town hasn't been the same since.

Only band I'd currently book still residing in that area is Sonic Mule. Check em out sometime when you're back home. Mostly original with a few obscure crowd pleasing covers. Most of my musician friends have moved on to greener pastures, as have I, but help when called upon. They will play Frostburg with ample notice.

It's not as easy and glamorous as one might think booking/promoting/managing(now that one's funny)a plethora of musicians. We have graced the halls of some of the finer establishments on the east coast over the years, including the 9:30, albeit the one at F St.

If your'e ever in need of local entertainment, I can send you some bands to check out. Here' a Sonic Mule site with audio. Maybe you'll dig it  :cool:  

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=83210367