Author Topic: Nick Cave Show sale date?  (Read 4161 times)

Aphex

Nick Cave Show sale date?
« on: May 08, 2008, 09:07:00 am »
I am sure this has been posted before, but the upcoming Nick Cave tour has been quiet about their sale dates.  I get the e-mail blast about the dates today, but I realize that MSG tickets have been on sale since May 2nd and only shit seats are left!  I am moving up north to NJ, but I think a trip to the 9:30 club is worth it for a GA Nick Cave Show, however I never know when 9:30 decides to sell their tickets....

Anyone have a clue?  Or have I slept on another great opportunity?

Thanks,

Ben

TheREALHunter

Re: Nick Cave Show sale date?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 09:16:00 am »
Originally posted by Aphex:
  I am sure this has been posted before, but the upcoming Nick Cave tour has been quiet about their sale dates.  I get the e-mail blast about the dates today, but I realize that MSG tickets have been on sale since May 2nd and only shit seats are left!  I am moving up north to NJ, but I think a trip to the 9:30 club is worth it for a GA Nick Cave Show, however I never know when 9:30 decides to sell their tickets....

Anyone have a clue?  Or have I slept on another great opportunity?

Thanks,

Ben
You know where to find 9:30 Club tickets online right?

Aphex

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 09:34:00 am »
Ahh, I never saw the whole event listing like that.

OK, so I got a half-hour...

cool.

Thanks

TheREALHunter

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 09:47:00 am »
  Ahh, I never saw the whole event listing like that.

OK, so I got a half-hour...

cool.

Thanks
Glad you found it, wasn't trying to be a dick but some people on here get funny when you spell the info out.

Aphex

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 09:57:00 am »
I hear you.  Been here 6 years now, and I always wondered how shows on the main page, suddenly sell out.  So, now I know.  Boy do I feel dumb. Alright, off to pounce on some tickets.

Thanks again.

Bags

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 12:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheREALHunter:
  Glad you found it, wasn't trying to be a dick but some people on here get funny when you spell the info out.
Hence my thread asking for generic advice on soft sales!    ;)

Aphex

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 12:23:00 pm »
Yes, yes.  I just read the thread.  So, well, the e-mail blast sort of blew the secret anyways.

Darth Ed

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 04:05:00 pm »
I got my ticket this morning! Woo hoo!

I doubt it would have sold out before I could get to the club's box office next week, but I didn't want to take that chance. Nick Cave tours the U.S. too infrequently.

Samantha

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 02:16:00 am »
I can't decide whether or not to get these.  I really have to, don't I?  So should I get two and hope to find a date?  ugh.

saintangelsin

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 02:57:00 am »
If you get two and can't find a date, you can always sell it at the show. There's always someone at the last minute looking for a ticket.

Best advice, if you love the man's music, get tickets now!

Anyway, my best friend and I shall be there. He was a sweetheart and bought two tickets. I told him that I'd pay him back once I get payed. I'm just totally thrilled that I'm finally going to get to see Nick Cave in person.

I wonder though, is it just going to be him and the bad seeds? Personally, I'd be fine with just having 2 or 3 hours of just him and the band!

Aphex

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 09:12:00 am »
Same thing with me.  One my check clears today if I want to get a second ticket for a friend I will.  I am driving down from NJ so it is a little different, but I know I can always get rid of the ticket on this forum or right outside the club.

Here is a question, I heard his show in 2001-02 at the club was amazing.  Was anyone there?  I think its great he isn't playing much on the East coast but still makes time for the 9:30.  Way better than the Garden Theatre imo.

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 09:27:00 am »
If you're living from paycheck to paycheck, it might be best to avoid concerts.   ;)  

Nope, nobody was at the 2001-2 show. Not a single ticket was sold. Though rumour has it it was a very long show that lasted throguh parts of two years. Didn't Neko Case open that show? I bet his opener isn't half as good this time around.

Same thing with me.  One my check clears today if I want to get a second ticket for a friend I will.  I am driving down from NJ so it is a little different, but I know I can always get rid of the ticket on this forum or right outside the club.

Here is a question, I heard his show in 2001-02 at the club was amazing.  Was anyone there?  I think its great he isn't playing much on the East coast but still makes time for the 9:30.  Way better than the Garden Theatre imo.

Aphex

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 09:36:00 am »
Ouch...I just fact checked that one.  Yikes, ok, I did hear did played, but I guess he didn't, for obvious reasons.  But I have a date on 04/05/02.  I am not paycheck to paycheck, well not yet, but I don't need to spend another forty bucks is all.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 11:27:00 am »
Set list for last night's show in london:

Night of the lotus eaters
 Dig, Lazarus, dig!!!
 Tupelo
 Red Right Hand
 Today's lesson
 Your Funeral, My Trial
 Lie down here (& Be my girl)
 Nobody's Baby now
 Deanna
 Hold on to Yourself
 We call upon the author
 Papa wonâ??t leave you, Henry
 More news from nowhere
 ------------------
 Far From Me
 The lyre of orpheus
 Get Ready for Love
 Hard on for love
 The Ship Song
 ----------------
 Moonland
 Stagger Lee

RustyOrgan

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 11:33:00 am »
Wow. Fucking FANTASTIC set list!! I LOOOOOVE the new record!