Author Topic: Metropolitan on Sunday  (Read 2639 times)

Bags

Re: Metropolitan on Sunday
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2004, 03:47:00 pm »
From Merge website...I agree with the description.

You can catch them in Baltimore on Thursday!

03.11 * Baltimore, MD * The Talking Head * w/The Oranges Band & Palomar

One of the most gratifying experiences at a record label is finding a young band full of verve, energy and great songs, whose debut album is sure to excite fans and the industry alike. We here at Merge think that The Rosebuds are one of those bands that people are going to be excited about for years to come. The Rosebuds are a trio who got their start in Wilmington NC, when Ivan Howard and Kelly Crisp met in college and decided to combine their love for music and performing and start a band. Combining influences ranging from late 60â??s pop to mid 80â??s new wave to early 90s indie-rock, The Rosebuds create melodies and infectious hooks that are instantly timeless. The Rosebuds Make Out was produced by local legend Brian Paulson (Wilco, Beck, Squirrel Nut Zippers).

Summerteeth

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2004, 06:00:00 pm »
What time do shows start at The Talking Head?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2004, 08:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  Skeeter, where were you standing?  We were over in front of the soundboard.
I started off directly in front of the guitar player for the first few songs of the Rosebuds' set.  I moved back because I didn't like having my head 2 feet from the speaker.  I was over against the bookcase for most of Metropolitan's set.

Jaguär

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2004, 11:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  You can catch them in Baltimore on Thursday!

03.11 * Baltimore, MD * The Talking Head * w/The Oranges Band & Palomar

Damn! So close yet so ....... ugh.

And here I was the one who really wanted to see The Rosebuds.

Downtown Baltimore in territory that I refuse to walk alone at night by myself. Though it could be worse. They could be at The Vault, which is deep downtown and even worse night time traveling. If this were the 80s, I'd think nothing of it but that city has changed so much for the worse. Stopped going to clubs downtown years and years ago because way too many people were getting jumped and a large majority of people were having their cars vandalized.

Too bad it's not The Ottobar.

meeper_99

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2004, 06:17:00 pm »
there's a pretty nice review of this metropolitan show at the washington city paper website

check it out here

Bags

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2004, 06:32:00 pm »
Awesome, Meeper, thanks for that link.