Author Topic: Shins roll-call  (Read 9576 times)

Sir HC

Re: Shins roll-call
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 10:41:05 pm »
AC came on a bit late.  Still I have to say the Shins did not get me.  I saw them at Merriweather and it was a "WOW!" show.  This one was more meh.  The main guy's guitar was too loud and too not like the CDs.  It was not that loud a show, reasonable, but then again I saw Lady Soveriegn, Fisherspooner and The Crystal Method this week...

I am not sold on the new guys, but did they get rid of the guy who beat the girlfriend up?

heather

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 02:18:38 pm »
Still I have to say the Shins did not get me.  I saw them at Merriweather and it was a "WOW!" show.  This one was more meh. 

i agree.  i connected to the music much more at that merriweather show.  didn't hurt that spoon had opened.  i did like delta spirit though and will make a point of seeing them the next time they're in town.

did they get rid of the guy who beat the girlfriend up?

yup!

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2009, 04:23:47 pm »
too not like the CDs.

Thank god. What would be the point of going to live shows then? You could just stay at home with your friends and listen to the album.

eltee

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2009, 04:00:14 pm »
Wish I had. Sir HC is on to something w/ the "meh" of this show...I think I left before the a/c came on - over it.

Sir HC

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2009, 01:19:38 pm »
too not like the CDs.

Thank god. What would be the point of going to live shows then?

I enjoy when someone brings something new to the song, but when it strays in an annoying way, and sounds poorly mixed, I am not happy.  His guitar was too loud.  It did not sit in the mix.  I guess this is part of my geekness at shows, I hate when the guitars or keys or something does not sound like what the band used on CD that I did enjoy, grow, do something new, but within the constraints of your sound.  Sort of like Beck redoing Mellow Gold to bleep the cuss words.

You could just stay at home with your friends and listen to the album.
That is what I did Friday, was going to go to the Ramshead show.