Author Topic: Last NIN tour = with O.G. Jane's Addiction lineup?  (Read 14791 times)

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
Re: Last NIN tour = with O.G. Jane's Addiction lineup?
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2009, 05:19:15 pm »
Isn't Ibanez preferred by cheezy metal guitar players?  Well then I guess it suits Dave...not the metal part, but the cheeze.

LOL Yeah totally George Benson, John Scofield, Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, and Pat Metheny are total cheezy metal guitar players :)

I think you're thinking of BC Rich, which is definitely for the cheezy metal.

*EDIT*

Isn't Ibanez preferred by cheezy smooth-jazz/prog rock guitar players?  Well then I guess it suits Dave...not the  smooth-jazz/prog rock part, but the cheeze.

LOL You'll need to edit that one again because Dave is smooth-jazz. Could be his nickname, plus stop making fun of Ibanez :(

*FINAL EDIT*

Isn't Ibanez preferred by cheezy smooth-jazz/prog rock guitar players?  Well then I guess it suits Dave.

Soundls like someone has a few Ibanez guitars in the closet..... ::)

Nope they're not in the closet at all. I've got 3 of them actually :P

3MTA3

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2009, 05:22:43 pm »
just because a few adult-contemporary artist use ibanez's jazz (mostly hollow-body) models doesn't negate the brand's shred-rock pedigree.  Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, dudes from Korn, Stanley Jordan, Paul Stanley, Marty Friedman, Vinnie Moore, Reb Beach, Daron Malakian, Mike Mushok, Paul Gilbert, various members of Slipknot, The Offspring, Linkin Park, etc etc etc... need i go on?
<sig>

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2009, 05:56:51 pm »
just because a few adult-contemporary artist use ibanez's jazz (mostly hollow-body) models doesn't negate the brand's shred-rock pedigree.  Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, dudes from Korn, Stanley Jordan, Paul Stanley, Marty Friedman, Vinnie Moore, Reb Beach, Daron Malakian, Mike Mushok, Paul Gilbert, various members of Slipknot, The Offspring, Linkin Park, etc etc etc... need i go on?

No need to go on - You pretty much sealed it with Slipknot, The Offspring and Linkin Park.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2009, 07:42:34 pm »
If I'm not mistaken, I think Kevin Shields use to play an Ibanez with a heavily duct taped up tremolo arm.