Author Topic: Former doorman Tim Rew  (Read 6844 times)

Sir HC

Re: Former doorman Tim Rew
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 09:53:10 pm »
RIP, wow, this is a big bummer.  I swear I saw him around very recently and he had that great smile he always had.

snailhook

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 02:52:06 pm »
fuck, this tears my heart.  i was pretty close to tim from 2003-2006.  we drifted apart in recent years due to nothing but conflicting work schedules and venues.

i had tried contacting him a couple of times recently but i never heard back from him.  it is a terrible feeling to not get to say goodbye to a good friend.

tim had a big heart and those that really knew him will miss him.  i don't know what else to say...

Bartelby

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 09:21:10 pm »
I am just devastated to hear about Tim's death.  I faced some challenges myself lately, and Tim left me the most heartfelt, compassionate voice mail. He forgot - probably on purpose - to mention how poorly he was feeling...

I would like to send this message to him:

Tim, you were one of the most creative, kind, courageous and funny men in my musichead world.  I will miss you greatly, and I'll never forget the Halloween party when your costume was so OFF THE CHARTS creative, you scared the HELL out of all of us. You were a fabulous, creative artist, a friend, a lover of all things musical and magical - and a wonderful human being.

I know that all the great artists, rockers and roadies that went before you - those you knew and traveled with - and those who weren't so lucky to have met you, greeted you warmly on your arrival.

I will never feel quite as "safe" when I go to "our" clubs  knowing you are not there watching out for me.  Those of us left here greatly mourn for you.  You were one in a billion!

Now I'm going off for a good cry.