Author Topic: Former doorman Tim Rew  (Read 6845 times)

Shembala

Former doorman Tim Rew
« on: July 20, 2009, 04:49:07 pm »
Tim had been a doorman at various clubs around DC.
He had a distinctive crumpled black cowboy hat.
I just found out he passed away.......
Does anyone know how (cause) he died?

thx.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Former doorman Tim Rew
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 07:08:18 pm »
Rather than ask a tacky question on a message board why don't you ask someone who knew him ?

hutch

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 07:23:15 pm »
Rather than ask a tacky question on a message board why don't you ask someone who knew him ?

I'd have to say you're the one being tacky, rude and insensitive.

Why don't you privately email the poster next time instead of being a bitch?

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 07:32:56 pm »
Why don't you privately email the poster next time instead of being a bitch?
If Chaz is a woman, we are about to have a full-blown Board Incident up in this mother!!

Shembala

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 08:28:16 pm »
I only knew him as he was on the job, unfortunately I did not know any of his friends. I always knew him to be nice and helpful. This was the only place I could think of to try and find out how he passed away. I considered that other people who frequented the club, and knew him slightly may not have heard he died and would also be interested in how it happened.

Sorry to offend anyone's touchy sensibilities....

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 08:45:26 pm »
All "bitch" joking aside, if he worked at 930 or other clubs we frequent, I see absolutely nothing wrong with posting this here. This Shembala person was respectful.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 09:23:43 pm »
Fully agree with you Julian. This would be the place. Bet a whole lot of us would like to know more about this.

Deepest sympathies and respect to Tim's friends and family, along with those at the club who are affected.

One thing though, what's with assuming Chaz is a woman? As long as I've been around here, I can tell you that about a good 75% of the bitch ups have been amongst the males of the forum. Or, are you a woman, Julian? That might even the playing bitch field a bit more.

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 09:28:08 pm »
perhaps chaz is a bit snippy since that whole chastity bono into chaz thing?

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 09:38:17 pm »
One thing though, what's with assuming Chaz is a woman? As long as I've been around here, I can tell you that about a good 75% of the bitch ups have been amongst the males of the forum. Or, are you a woman, Julian? That might even the playing bitch field a bit more.
LOL, no offense dear Jaguar, but you apparently missed two years ago when I dropped "bitch" in a quote and the person I was talking to happened to be a woman, much to my suprise. It morphed into a historic board event, so muchso that it become a holiday known as "WEBLEBRITY is a bitch Day." That is what I was referring to.

eltee

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 10:22:30 pm »
We have a "dropping like flies" thread and much worse has been said around here about those that are deceased. I see nothing wrong w/ asking here, especially if you didn't know him other than when he worked at a club. Chaz is a good guy from what I can tell. Seems he was just defending someone's honor. Let's call it a truce.
I didn't know the man, but sorry to hear about his passing.
PM that guy, he may know him.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 10:38:35 pm »
LOL, no offense dear Jaguar, but you apparently missed two years ago when I dropped "bitch" in a quote and the person I was talking to happened to be a woman, much to my suprise. It morphed into a historic board event, so muchso that it become a holiday known as "WEBLEBRITY is a bitch Day." That is what I was referring to.

Au contraire! I read every word of that notorious incident. In fact, if I remember correctly, from what I could tell, it was actually sparked by someone else but you added to it which then caused you to receive the bulk of the blame. That's all done with and don't want to pick that wound open again. Just saying...

That was very unlike Chaz. Maybe he's had a bad day and just trying to forget it all.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 08:46:52 am »
It was an unfortunately circumstance but he passed away due to liver problems.

There will be a memorial service held to remember him on Sunday @ The Rock and Roll Hotel 1353 H st NE starting around 8pm

3MTA3

bearman🐻

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 08:55:18 am »
I didn't know Tim well, but he seemed like a really sweet guy. Lots of 9:30 alumni have passed on it seems, which bums me out. RIP Tim.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 09:59:38 am »
Feeling bitchy, yes.  A woman no.  Having a miserable time these days, yes.  A good guy, maybe.

Respects to your friend and condolences to all that knew him.  Yes the Welcoming Committee grows larger and sadder by the day.

Moving along now.  Apologies to all.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 07:37:00 pm »
I didn't know Tim well, but he seemed like a really sweet guy. Lots of 9:30 alumni have passed on it seems, which bums me out. RIP Tim.

three of the five people that trained me have passed.  i have informed the other two that they are not allowed to die.

i'd like to think that wherever tim may be is just a little bit more metal now.