Author Topic: VP debate tonight  (Read 43006 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: VP debate tonight
« Reply #195 on: October 14, 2008, 09:11:00 am »
Originally posted by Ever Circling Skeletal Family:
  Shoeshine - you should know me well enough by now to realize that the ONLY time I post serious comments are on the footie thread....the others are just to get a bite from some yo-yo board'ie, and it works every single time.
oh i know...but it doesnt quite ring when your source make fox news look reputable. thanks for reminding me about something...
o/\o

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #196 on: October 14, 2008, 09:12:00 am »
  Shoeshine - you should know me well enough by now to realize that the ONLY time I post serious comments are on the footie thread....the others are just to get a bite from some yo-yo board'ie, and it works every single time.
So in other words, you are trolling, and thus not worth responding to?  Good to know...
_\|/_

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #197 on: October 14, 2008, 09:38:00 am »
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:

So in other words, you are trolling, and thus not worth responding to?  Good to know... [/b]
Yeah!!! Someone finally gets it, but many can't help themselves.

Sage 703

« Reply #198 on: November 17, 2008, 06:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, certified WEBLEBRITY:

Originally posted by callat703:
  Her poll numbers in Alaska are already sinking like a stone.  She was at 80+ when McCain chose her, and now she's sitting in the 60s.  The more people learn about her, the less they like her.

I'm no Sarah Palin fan by a longshot, but to think that a Republican governor with an approval rating in the mid-60's in a state that's reliably red and has brought the only notable (non-scandal) national attention ever by a politician in her state is in serious jeopardy of losing in a re-election bid is asinine. Some of you people would lick your own ass if Obama told you it was candy, I swear. [/b]
Hey, anybody remember this comment?

Well:

Palin hit 80% approval in Alaska on the strength of a tripling in the price of oil. She raised taxes on the oil companies and paid the cash to the population. And who doesn't like free money?

Now the price of oil has tumbled below $65 - and the government of Alaska faces some painful decisions ahead. Palin's tax policy, which extracted extra benefits for the population as the price of oil rose, implies extra cutbacks as the price declines. Better to get out while the getting is good. Whoever governs Alaska in 2008-2010 will be luck to have an approval rating in the 40s.

Just sayin...

Sage 703

« Reply #199 on: July 31, 2009, 12:26:21 pm »
Originally posted by callat703:
  Her poll numbers in Alaska are already sinking like a stone.  She was at 80+ when McCain chose her, and now she's sitting in the 60s.  The more people learn about her, the less they like her.

I'm no Sarah Palin fan by a longshot, but to think that a Republican governor with an approval rating in the mid-60's in a state that's reliably red and has brought the only notable (non-scandal) national attention ever by a politician in her state is in serious jeopardy of losing in a re-election bid is asinine. Some of you people would lick your own ass if Obama told you it was candy, I swear.

....just can't resist a jab at Julian about this one anymore.

http://www.themudflats.net/2009/07/30/palins-approval-rating-in-alaska-goes-negative/

The latest Palin poll numbers are out.  Oh, it looks like those halcyon days of the 89% approval ratings are a thing of the past.  Now we can say that more Alaskans disapprove of the ex-almost-one-term-governor than approve of her.

And the Approval Index (Very Positive minus Very Negative) is now  -1.2

Question 1

Would you say you feel positive or negative about Sarah Palin? And is that very (positive or negative) or somewhat (positive or negative)?

Very positive 120/400 30.0%
Somewhat positive 67/400 16.8%
Total positive (very+somewhat) 187/400 46.8%
Somewhat negative 65/400 16.2%
Very negative 125/400 31.2%
Total negative (very+somewhat) 190/400 47.5%
Don?t Know the person 5/400 1.2%
No Opinion  18/400   4.5%
Refused 0/400 0%

Relaxer

« Reply #200 on: July 31, 2009, 02:28:55 pm »
solid bump
oword

godsshoeshine

« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2009, 02:35:35 pm »
he said crazier things in the nhl threads
o/\o

Sage 703

« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2010, 07:55:59 pm »
Anybody know a place where I can place a big fat bet that Sarah Palin goes to work for Fox News after McCain/Palin lose and she's defeated in her reelection bid in Alaska?

Just sayin: http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/11/palin.fox/index.html

Mobius

« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2010, 12:49:28 am »
Anybody know a place where I can place a big fat bet that Sarah Palin goes to work for Fox News after McCain/Palin lose and she's defeated in her reelection bid in Alaska?

Just sayin: http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/11/palin.fox/index.html

I guess she could be like a Smiling Ahole #4 on Fox and Friends . . .or a Weather Lady . . .

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2010, 01:07:01 am »
I guess she could be like a Smiling Ahole #4 on Fox and Friends . . .or a Weather Lady . . .

sound about right - she has a history of over-reaching.
<sig>