Author Topic: Of Montreal rollcall  (Read 3915 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Re: Of Montreal rollcall
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 06:49:46 pm »
Who knows what the fuck is occurring inside Barnes' brain? He's such a brilliant musician and composer, but his on-stage antics and refusal to promote his music much as compared to his theatrics is just mind-boggling.

azaghal1981

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 07:43:48 pm »
The music obviously takes a back seat which is sad IMO. I have probably posted this here before but I'm almost certain that they don't play the old stuff because it requires a much, much tighter band. His current band (most of whom did play on those old albums) just do not have the chops to play that stuff right now.
احمد

analogfossa

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 10:13:46 pm »
Hey I was at the show (awesome by the way one of the best shows I've been to so far). Unfortunately, i didn't bring a camera  :-\ Does anyone have some decent pictures from the show? i'd like to remember that night in the future and also show my friends how crazy it was :) my email is modernartillary@gmail.com

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 02:42:07 pm »
Did they really not play Wraith Pinned To The Mists? if so, good for them.

Everything that's gonna be said about Wraith has already been said, but it still has two of the sickest bass lines Barnes has written.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 02:44:41 pm »
Did they really not play Wraith Pinned To The Mists? if so, good for them.

Everything that's gonna be said about Wraith has already been said, but it still has two of the sickest bass lines Barnes has written.
I agree. I love the song, but I'm impressed that they didn't play it. I thought they had doomed themselves to playing that song at every show.

wml7

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 02:55:45 pm »
Looks like the show for Richmond tonight is canceled.