Author Topic: Do people have extra tickets with themselves at venue?  (Read 7283 times)

ggw

Re: Do people have extra tickets with themselves at venue?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 12:58:39 pm »
The number of times that I have scored a ticket outnumbers the times I have been shutout by a ratio of 3 to 1 at least.  The trick is to actually ask people rather than just standing around looking.  A lot of people believe it's illegal, so they aren't advertising the fact that they have an extra. If they ask if its illegal, I just say that it's not illegal unless they ask for more than face value.  A few people didn't believe me - I guess they thought I was a cop trying to entrap them or something.  I told them to ask the staph.  One guy was so insistent that it was illegal to resell his ticket that he gave me his extra Wilco ticket for free, under the assumption that if he charged no money he couldn't be accused of scalping.  Score for me.

bonoz

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 01:00:01 pm »
What about parking? Would I have to rely on street parking? I don't want to pay the parking pass at 930 itself...

walkonby

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 01:02:55 pm »
What about parking? Would I have to rely on street parking? I don't want to pay the parking pass at 930 itself...

you can

pay the parking pass beforehand so not to risk it being filled when you get there so to keep your car all nice and tidy in the same way you left it.

or you can park on the street and have all the windows broke out, everything not and nailed down stolen, no tires . . . just a burning frame of a shell and then you have to figure out how to get home.

nkotb

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 01:04:50 pm »
Or park on the street and have absolutely nothing happen to your car like 99% of people.  But whatevs.

you can

pay the parking pass beforehand so not to risk it being filled when you get there so to keep your car all nice and tidy in the same way you left it.

or you can park on the street and have all the windows broke out, everything not and nailed down stolen, no tires . . . just a burning frame of a shell and then you have to figure out how to get home.

James Ford

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 01:10:27 pm »
The 95 Saturn that I drive to shows in is more likely to get laughed at than broken into.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 01:21:46 pm »
i've only ever paid for parking once because i was late and didn't have time to crawl the neighborhood for a spot.  nothing has ever happened to my car, not even a parking ticket.

fyi, walkonby is our beloved country bumpkin who often claims that you'll get raped, beaten and shot every time you come anywhere near downtown DC.  apparently everyone on this board is a statistical anomaly in his world... ;D 
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 01:43:01 pm »
i've only ever paid for parking once because i was late and didn't have time to crawl the neighborhood for a spot.  nothing has ever happened to my car, not even a parking ticket.

fyi, walkonby is our beloved country bumpkin who often claims that you'll get raped, beaten and shot every time you come anywhere near downtown DC.  apparently everyone on this board is a statistical anomaly in his world... ;D 

Walky also is a big cat lover

;D

walkonby

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 02:46:26 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 02:53:35 pm »
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 03:27:32 pm »

He's diving for extra tickets.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 04:20:09 pm »
The unwritten rule of thumb is ticket sales are for the amount printed on the ticket. 

depends on how many people are standing around with tickets.  if demand > supply, you might pay actual cost (i.e. face + fees).

While I agree that this is the usual economic situation, it is much more likely at the club to get a ticket at face than any other venue I have ever attended.
FUKIT