Author Topic: Do people have extra tickets with themselves at venue?  (Read 7323 times)

bonoz

Do people have extra tickets with themselves at venue?
« on: March 22, 2011, 02:46:34 pm »
I really want to goto tonight's Royksopp show. I haven't had much luck with Craigslist or Xchange here. Some friends told me that I should just go to the venue and I'll most likely get a GA for under face value. Sometimes people's friends drop out or something and they're left with an extra ticket. Is that a possibility/probability?

Thanks

Vas Deferens

Re: Do people have extra tickets with themselves at venue?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 02:54:33 pm »
show is tomorrow and yes you should...
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 04:49:00 pm »
chances are pretty good you'll get something.  i wouldn't guarantee under face, but at this point you'd be happy to pay exactly face now wouldn't you? 
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 05:39:07 pm »
it really depends on the show...my advice is to get there early...

mahimahi1414

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 02:00:57 am »
I've seen it at a lot of the shows I've been. I've also seen police officers walking up and down there though "making sure" there's no scalping (I think once I saw them insist it was sold at face, but other times they just ask you don't do it in plain sight)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 10:10:29 am »
It is fairly common for at least one or two folks to have a spare ticket.  The unwritten rule of thumb is ticket sales are for the amount printed on the ticket.  I have seen an attempted scalp go down and, shall we say, people who had the ability to make it happen told the seller he had two choices.  1) Sell the extra ticket at face value and enjoy the show.  2) Lose all his tickets and go home now.  Gotta love it when they get to make their own choice!
FUKIT

Bags

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 11:14:46 am »
Get there when doors open, or at least early.  A friend of mine always gets tickets; I don't have the patience.

Relaxer

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 11:31:14 am »
The one time I went ticketless to a show, I spent an hour asking cold hard faces if they had an extra and then when I finally gave up and went back to my car, I had a parking ticket.
oword

nkotb

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 11:36:25 am »
Of course, on the flip side, I've had shows where I've been given tix for free, especially for ones that are heavily scalped.  That's always a nice surprise.  Plus, instead of a ticket, someone left roses on my car.

The one time I went ticketless to a show, I spent an hour asking cold hard faces if they had an extra and then when I finally gave up and went back to my car, I had a parking ticket.

bonoz

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 11:43:52 am »
Well I found a good deal on Craigslist and got two tickets for $27.50 each. Is that about face value for tonight's show? Anyone know?

Thanks

Vas Deferens

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 11:50:48 am »
$25 plus fees each ticket so that's a deal

Well I found a good deal on Craigslist and got two tickets for $27.50 each. Is that about face value for tonight's show? Anyone know?

Thanks
(_|_)

bonoz

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 11:56:44 am »
Great! I've also never been to 930 before. As I understand, Royksopp doesn't start playing until 11... does that mean it can go all the way to 2 or 3 am?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 12:06:50 pm »
930 is always on time...so expect them at 11 on the dot. They'll probably play for 90 minutes.
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 12:24:19 pm »
The unwritten rule of thumb is ticket sales are for the amount printed on the ticket. 

depends on how many people are standing around with tickets.  if demand > supply, you might pay actual cost (i.e. face + fees).
<sig>

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 12:32:34 pm »