Author Topic: If Crystal City is losing all these government jobs...  (Read 3966 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: If Crystal City is losing all these government jobs...
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 03:24:21 pm »
I always thought it best to have the loud drunk assholes roaming someone else's neighborhood other than my own, but perhaps you need that kind of ACTION! in your neighborhood, man.

Yeah, the loud drunken assholes in Cleveland Park really keep me up at all hours of the night.

Then maybe you shouldn't have moved to an area with bars and restaurants in it?

slappy

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 03:36:27 pm »
Life is way too short to live in a hell hole like Crystal City

It's a bit harsh to call Crystal City a 'hell hole'.

First, what is definition of Crystal City being used?
The proper area on the airport side of RT 1 down to Glebe or a bit more expansive over to the Pentagon City side.
23rd Street has bars, restaurants, and even a gentleman's club. You can walk to Pentagon Row.
In general there isn't a more convenient place to live with access to any form of transportation.
It's fitness friendly- run or bike along the Potomac, safe, and clean.

For sports fans it's faster to get to all the local venues than Cleveland Park.
Hell, Cleveland Park and Crystal City are the same amount of Metro stops to the 9:30 club and from CC you don't have to switch trains.

That being said, it is also not going to be cheaper than the gentrified sections of DC.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 03:54:03 pm »
I worked at that Porsche dealership at the intersection of Glebe and Jeff Davis Hwy. for about 10 years and over the years I can honestly say that the only conclusion I came to is that Crystal City is in fact, a hell hole. Just one man's opinion of course.

After 7pm there's tumbleweeds blowing down rte 1.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 04:11:48 pm »
i lived in bailey's crossroads for 2 years. its more awful than crystal city yet far from a hell hole

if you have a metro stop you have easy access to anything you want
o/\o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 04:19:53 pm »
one of the only complaints my wife about the marine corps marathon was the out-and-back loop in crystal city.  she said that after all the monuments, the historical buildings, the river, etc, CC was downright oppressive and demotivating - and you had to run through it twice.  admittedly she leans towards the tree-hugger ends of things so maybe urban types can find inspiration in that concrete desert.

despite being such a dreadful place, i wouldn't call it a hell hole.  just not my style.  at all.  but probably a great place to raise kids.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 04:55:17 pm »
Actually, Crystal City was the most inspiring part of the Marine Corps Marathon for me. That's where I saw my wife and daughter, who gave me the inspiration to run the last two miles. I would have seen them twice, but I was so far ahead of schedule that they missed me the first time through the loop.

That, plus they were giving out free beer around mile 22 or so in Crystal City. Didn't see any free beer in DC, so thanks for nothing DC. Of course it was shit beer and I refused it, but that's my problem.

ggw

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 05:32:18 pm »
In the 63 years that I have lived in this area, I can count the number of times I have been to Crystal City on just one of my arthritic hands.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:48:44 pm by ggw »

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 06:09:46 pm »
Chick-Fil-A.
(o|o)

slappy

walkonby

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 08:07:32 pm »
soon . . . cat picture posts will rule the world

wml7

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 08:47:13 pm »

;D

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 09:08:19 am »
In the 63 years that I have lived in this area, I can count the number of times I have been to Crystal City on just one of my arthritic hands.

So about 7 or 8 then...