Author Topic: This news does not appeal  (Read 20423 times)

hutch

Re: This news does not appeal
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2012, 07:25:09 pm »
Late in the evening!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Atomic Front is just a made up character here to get our goat.. I don't think he believes most of the stuff he's writing... Its funny though!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2012, 10:22:42 am »

I think Atomic Front is just a made up character here to get our goat.. I don't think he believes most of the stuff he's writing... Its funny though!
Been saying this since the guy started posting a couple weeks ago! He HAS to be a troll.
‼‼?‼‼

slappy

« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2012, 06:37:06 pm »
I'm talking arguable creative and artistic peaks. Just because someone picked up a guitar in 1979 doesn't mean they were at their best. Some Clash fans think Combat Rock is one of their very best LP's. And as for Talking Heads, they released great music in the 80's, but I prefer the 70's stuff. But that's just taste. They're still a terrific band.

I can see the Talking Heads. However, the argument that The Damned had their best albums in the 80's would be a very small minority of fans. I'd replace Siouxsie and the Banshees for The Damned. And the Feelies released Crazy Rhythms in early 1980, which could be considered similar to your 'picking up a guitar in 1979' analogy.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2012, 07:37:51 pm »

Been saying this since the guy started posting a couple weeks ago! He HAS to be a troll.

so not a troll . . . i'm sure a super nice person.  is very smart and witty, nice combo.  and i can only imagine the body, but for all i know the user could be a female.  i never can keep up on here anymore.  but sometimes the taste in music appalls me, but i'm sure my collection is half a joke itself.  i tip my tasty beer his/her way.

hutch

« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2012, 09:50:11 pm »

so not a troll . . . i'm sure a super nice person.  is very smart and witty, nice combo.  and i can only imagine the body, but for all i know the user could be a female.  i never can keep up on here anymore.  but sometimes the taste in music appalls me, but i'm sure my collection is half a joke itself.  i tip my tasty beer his/her way.
:D

I think you said it was Brian Wallace and complimented him and then hoped Julian would come back!