Author Topic: X roll call  (Read 6305 times)

Dr. Anton Phibes

Re: X roll call
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 12:36:00 am »
Have to agree....very good set and better than the last show with Rollins...I had a nice perch on the balcony and never left it.....nice seeing you,Bear.....and by the way,noticing how much you enjoyed the encore "See How We Are" with John and Exene,you REALLY shoulda gone to all of the Knitters shows in the area the last few years!....I saw 4 during the last 2 tours.....just like seeing X to be honest,just subbing Dave Alvin for Billy and adding Jonny Ray Bartel on Bass......and I am a huge Billy Zoom fanatic,but Dave brings another whole set of dynamics to the band......2 of their shows are the best time I've had in 15 years to be honest...fun,laid back and believe me,when Dave can just lay back and be the guitar slinger in a band,he's absolutely lethal!.........and I've never seen John,Exene and DJ have more fun than with the Knitters.....and I've seen X 5 times now,also........

Originally posted by bearman:
  I couldn't agree more. A stellar kind of show, and I was pleased that after yelling for "Devil Doll" a few times that they ended with it. Fantastic.

As for the performance, the acoustic version of "See How We Are" made the night for me. Total magic. DJ Bonebrake was on top of his game too. Lots of chemistry with everyone in the band, and a really solid audience turnout. I'm very glad that I got to see this show, easily my favorite X show I've seen.

Bombay, Bags, Dr. Anton...great to see you all last night! Next show for me (I think) is Swervedriver.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2008, 09:45:00 am »
What is so abnormal about liking 24 year old girls???    :eek:  

Awesome show!   Wish I'd seen this role call beforehand, would've been nice to see some of youse.

Besides X being great, it was nice that the show was *not* a sellout... the crowd was friendly and not packed in, far unlike the more common showgoing experience these days of being sandwiched in with thousands of douchebags.
_\|/_

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2008, 09:50:00 am »
She's a double amputation away from being a porky midget.

Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
  I guess Exene was properly fed last night?