Author Topic: Snow Patrol?  (Read 2391 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Snow Patrol?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 03:20:00 pm »
yeah, sounds like Post reviewer was hoping for something mind-bending or surprising - which, as i wrote above, the show wasn't.  

IMO, not all shows need to be High Art.  not everyone on stage needs to be "taking risks" and changing the world of music.  as far as i know, SP doesn't take itself *that* seriously, either...
<sig>

ubermick

Re: Snow Patrol?
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 03:57:00 pm »
The review took me by surprise. Maybe I went into the show not expecting much, given the past vocal issues, and my annoyance with Augustana - but by the time I was heading out the door, I was most impressed. Felt they were a great band live, and was one of the better live shows I've seen in 06 (still not as good as Stereophonics from last year though!)

Anyone know about them coming back in February though? According to the SP site, they're over in Japan up until the 5th, but nothing after that. Doesn't make a a lot of sense to tour the US AGAIN, as opposed to getting back into the studio or taking some time off. But hey, if they're coming back, I'd sure as feck buy a ticket...