Author Topic: Sonic Youth on Leno....  (Read 2988 times)

ggw

Re: Sonic Youth on Leno....
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2004, 02:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  well i'll continue to disregard Gomez based on a horrid show i saw in 1999 that included a bit of "Not Fade Away" a long time Grateful Dead concert staple.
It's also one ofLemmy's favorites.

thirsty moore

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2004, 02:23:00 pm »
I'll have to catch 'em at Lollapalooza as I don't have computer speakers.  I'll also be sure to bring a tennis racquet as I'm positive there will be more tennis balls then Wimbledon.

ggw

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2004, 02:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Sonic Youth is wanking, I mean playing live on www.kcrw.org right now.
Sounds like they're using the Penn 4s with the Extra Duty Felt.

bearman🐻

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2004, 02:41:00 pm »
I know that some people hate that Sonic Youth are darlings of rock critics, I still think they are an incredible band. "Murray Street" was a superb record, and I've heard their new record still shows they have some vitality left. I for one am glad they're around. I saw them in Rome in 2002 and it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen, and I had almost written them off after a mediocre performance I saw in 1998. I'm excited to see them again.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2004, 06:33:00 pm »
must be a irrational fear of tennis balls...
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2004, 09:43:00 pm »
Sonic Youth just doesn't do it for me.  I didn't watch them last night, but I listened to them on Leno as I did other things and the song was boring to me.  Nothing to grab me at all but some bad vocals and drone drone drone....

jardison

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2004, 11:39:00 pm »
I've seen Sonic Youth four or five times.  They are definitely hit or miss with their performances.  I saw them open up for the Beasties "Check Your Head" tour and they were amazing.  However, I saw them play a Lollapolloza years back and they were terrible.  I have heard that their new album is very good.