Author Topic: Depeche Mode presale  (Read 4677 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Depeche Mode presale
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2005, 09:10:00 am »
I agree that $75 clams is a bit steep to hear David Gahan sing live... In the past other than vocals it's been awhole lot more Memorex than Live at Depeche Mode shows.  And whiles it's been a very long time since seeing them, aren't DM shows pretty sparse affairs production wise?  At least at Erasure shows they add some flair to the show..
T.Rex

bearman🐻

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2005, 09:35:00 am »
The Merriweather Post show in 2001 had a packed pavilion and some stragglers on the lawn. So it wasn't empty by ANY means. But still, I don't think I paid more than $40 the last couple of times I saw them, which means that I'm skipping out on the show. I want to see them, but it's a matter of principle. I've seen a lot of bands on tour this year before and for cheaper. I know one man can't make a difference, but unless it's something I'm dying to see, I am going to start being way more selective about what I see because this is b.s. I don't think that (when all is said and done with service charges) that paying nearly $100 a ticket for Depeche Mode or similar bands is OK. If enough people don't go to the shows then maybe someone will get the message. Of course, having a big tour means a lot of gas money, so...that's one factor. But I'm still not convinced that's the reason why ticket prices seem to keep going WAY WAY up.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2005, 09:40:00 am »
Originally posted by Dandy01:
  I can't decipher the patriot center seating chart; if they have tix at price level 1 concourse seating, section 114 row B, is that good??
It's down low (about 7 rows from the floor), but near the back.  They're good seats, but not great.

xsinner

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2005, 06:01:00 pm »
Does anybody know the presale password? Thanks.

Dandy01

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2005, 07:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:

Originally posted by Dandy01:
  I can't decipher the patriot center seating chart; if they have tix at price level 1 concourse seating, section 114 row B, is that good??
It's down low (about 7 rows from the floor), but near the back.  They're good seats, but not great. [/b]
I ended up getting mine closer to the stage albeit higher up, for the lower price.

lily1

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2005, 11:37:00 pm »
it sold out?  :eek:

bearman🐻

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2005, 12:10:00 am »
It certainly appears that way. Who knew! I am stunned about that one.