Author Topic: Depeche Mode presale  (Read 4673 times)

cool_beanies

Depeche Mode presale
« on: September 14, 2005, 10:41:00 am »
Ok has anyone actually received an email from Ticketmaster with links to the presale or was this all an elaborate ploy to preorder the new album and make a killing from naive fans?  I preordered mine yesterday but have yet to receive a link from Ticketmaster...

Guiny

Re: Depeche Mode presale
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 10:47:00 am »
Where are they playing?

bearman🐻

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 10:48:00 am »
I'm through with presale stuff. Not worth it anymore, and I'm certainly not buying anything in advance to get access to a presale. I learned when I got my best Pixies tickets through the general sale. Unless it's going to sell out in a matter of seconds, it's always just worth it to wait.

Bags

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 01:03:00 pm »
Apparently you have to preorder the album through iTunes to get the password (below was in an email from Ticketmaster I just received):

Unique password gives you access to ticket presale

Pre-order the not-yet-released Depeche Mode album Playing the Angel between September 13-26 on iTunes.

Following your pre-order on iTunes, you will be emailed a unique password from Ticketmaster, giving you access to the Depeche Mode iTunes Ticket Presale at Ticketmaster.com.

Don't miss Depeche Mode's first North American tour in four years. Get access to seats before the general public!

Pre-order now for your special presale password!*

*Passwords will be sent via email by Ticketmaster after your album pre-order. Ticket presales begin 9/20 at 10 AM local time. Don't miss the presale in your city--be sure to check Ticketmaster.com frequently for the latest list of upcoming presales. Presale start dates and times are subject to change. Tickets subject to availability and limited to 4 per password.

dgkdpm

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 05:21:00 pm »
Does anyone think DepecheMode will sell out? How quickly should I get my tickets?

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 05:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
  Where are they playing?
patriot center w/ the bravery opening on december 9th

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 05:23:00 pm »
Well, they are a super band. It's quite conceivable that they will sell out very quickly. So what do you think of the new Wolf Parade album?

Originally posted by dgkdpm:
  Does anyone think DepecheMode will sell out? How quickly should I get my tickets?

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 05:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by dgkdpm:
the patriot center?  most definite!  get them as quick as you can and anyway you can.  they should have tried for someplace bigger; i'm sure they could have pulled it off.

bearman🐻

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 12:52:00 pm »
I don't think I agree with the above statement. I don't think DM will sell out the Patriot Center...my guess is that it will come close (maybe by the day of), but I just don't see it happening. They have a huge fan base in LA, but when they played the Patriot Center back in 1998 I don't think it sold out. It was pretty full, but I don't recall it being sold out.

cool_beanies

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2005, 01:23:00 pm »
It took a day, but I got the email from Ticketmaster with the link to the presale after preordering the album on the first day.  Presale through Ticketmaster starts the 20th of this month.

saintangelsin

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2005, 01:31:00 pm »
the 20th of this month? crap! on the dm website though, it says something about the presale for the on sale dates that have been announced, but then again, the website gets weird with the updates. i'm not going to worry too much about the whole itunes thing. i talked to my friend who works at hfs and he's pretty sure hfs will have an exclusive pre-sale as well.

cool_beanies

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 09:02:00 am »
Checked the Ticketmaster link for presale dates and it has now been moved back a day to the 21st.  The pre order dates for the album (and thus to get the presale link) are still the same though - through the 26th.

muschi

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 09:09:00 am »
DM? their song "enjoy the silence" now refers to their needing hearing aid batteries. hahahaha

dave gahan used to say "i con't hear you!!!!"  alot in concert. now he really CONT hear you! [hearty belly laff]

"everything counts in large amounts" now refers to the huge amount geriatric medicine they take.... ok i'll stop now. [self-depricating laff]

cool_beanies

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 06:46:00 pm »
Washington DC presale has now been moved to Oct 4th @ 10 am to Oct 7th @ 10 am.

The_Creeper

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2005, 07:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by cool_beanies:
  Washington DC presale has now been moved to Oct 4th @ 10 am to Oct 7th @ 10 am.
:mad: