Author Topic: MTV (a bit of a rant)  (Read 5333 times)

Re: MTV (a bit of a rant)
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2007, 12:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:
  Yeah, definitely.  Cause "The Hills", "Laguna Beach", & "TRL" are about as black as programming can get.  Black Panther propaganda and what not . . . .
Go ahead and change the subject, why dontcha Eldridge.  Always a good tactic when your shit is weak.

vansmack

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2007, 12:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  can we get back to lc's sex tape, please?
Here's Lauren's statement:

4/5/07 Statement from Lauren

"I am posting this note on my website regarding the reports that have circulated on the internet this morning. Jason and I would like to make it clear that we did not make a tape with us having sex. Jason and I are both shocked and hurt that people would say such horrible things about us. I can't believe that somebody would go to such great lengths to try to damage my reputation. I feel very grateful and blessed to have friends and family to support me at this time. I would especially like to thank all my fans for standing by me."

Perez Hilton reported it, then Jason was arrested, now the offers are said to be over a $1 Million for the tape.  He might be a bit desperate now.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2007, 12:17:00 pm »
supposed to do 2 months for that, and has 3 court dates to go. some people shouldnt drink
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2007, 12:18:00 pm »
If this is a false rumor, my money is on Spencer Pratt being the one spreading it.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2007, 12:23:00 pm »
spencer talks to heidi like i talk to my cat
o/\o

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2007, 12:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  spencer talks to heidi like i talk to my cat
post of the week
(o|o)

saintangelsin

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2007, 01:28:00 pm »
I seriously miss 120 minutes! In middle school, I would sneak out of bed to watch it. They totally destroyed things when I was in high school. I miss watching good music videos.

I think what bothers me a lot about MTV is that it doesn't reflect it's own name. They should be forced to change their name!

Fuse is somewhat enjoyable. It used to be really awesome a few years ago, but now it's starting to really go down hill.

M2 was really good like 10 years ago before most people even thought of having satalite. While they do show some music videos, it's basically becoming part 2 of the reality tv bullshit.

VH1 atleast has a few amusing things to watch. Best Week Ever is addicted. I really love watching that and the I love (insert decade here) programing.

Somebody mentioned The Alternative which is on VH1 Classic. I fucking love that show. I've been watching it since it first started back in Summer of 2004. Before then, to see cool old school alt rock videos, I'd have to watch their program called We Are the 80s. I've noticed that vh1 classic has been adding more 90s stuff which is a bit haunting. (It's weird to be 21 and to feel old about a particular music video) The one nice thing about the channel overall is that they're all about music and that's it.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2007, 01:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chakra:
 HO-YA READS WIRED!  HO-YA READS WIRED!
and what, pray tell, is wrong with that?  i think that Wired is the best monthly out there.
<sig>

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2007, 01:46:00 pm »
There's always The Tube Music Network if you don't like the MTV channels

Venerable Bede

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2007, 04:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by saintangelsin:
  I seriously miss 120 minutes! In middle school, I would sneak out of bed to watch it. They totally destroyed things when I was in high school. I miss watching good music videos.

Somebody mentioned The Alternative which is on VH1 Classic. I fucking love that show. I've been watching it since it first started back in Summer of 2004. Before then, to see cool old school alt rock videos, I'd have to watch their program called We Are the 80s. I've noticed that vh1 classic has been adding more 90s stuff which is a bit haunting. (It's weird to be 21 and to feel old about a particular music video) The one nice thing about the channel overall is that they're all about music and that's it.
but you have to watch out, the alternative does show alot of videos over and over- some of them i don't mind watching over and over, like "birdhouse in your soul" (i was watching it a month ago or so and something occurred to me, that video is filmed in the jefferson building of the library of congress) or "this corrosion."

i think i've got 10+ vcr tapes of 120 minutes from early to mid-90s, including the dave kendall, lewis largent, and matt pinhead, err pinfield hosting years.
OU812