Author Topic: Lemme just tell you why Van Halen was great  (Read 2226 times)

TheDirector217

Re: Lemme just tell you why Van Halen was great
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 01:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  The first album is sick.  No doubt about it.  Have run through that bad boy on vinyl and cassette back in the day.

I am of the rare breed that actually likes VH with David and VH with Sammy.  A travesty, I know.  While the first album is the best, I would rate Sammy's first three ahead of most of the DLR albums.

1. Van Halen
 2. 1984
 3. 5150
 4. F.U.C.K.
 5. OU812
 6. Van Halen II
 7. Women and Children First
 8. Fair Warning
 9. Diver Down

The rest of the albums don't exists to me.
"Poundcake" is my shit!!   :D  

"She's gotta have some . . . . "

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 01:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chakra:

Originally posted by Jaguar:
  Hip or not, I don't know, and I couldn't give a shit. I just know that I don't like them. Period. It's not a hipster thing with me. It's a just not liking Metal thing and being totally repulsed by their ass up front. Nothing personal. That's just how I feel. My opinion. I did like their guitars, once I got past the genre and, as I said before, was in the right mood.
Yeah, they didn't bring anything new to the musical table.  Are they the inheretors of The Led Zeppelin mantle? [/b]
Yeah, maybe they didn't add anything new but putting my own taste aside, I have to admit that they were, in the beginning, damn good at what they did. You are probably right about the Led Zepplin comparison. I think they just did it slicker and more in your face and over the top. I can fully understand why their fans loved them but they just didn't appeal to my tastes. Got to give credit where credit is due.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 08:40:00 pm »
I wouldn't put VH and Led Zep in the same category...
_\|/_